-
Status
Not open for further replies.

70-duster

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Well on to the next problem. I just put that 8 1/4 rearend out of the dart I am parting, into my 70 duster. So I figured I would have to use the darts driveshaft, cause it is a different length than the dusters original driveshaft. Well, I just learned that the 74 dart 4 doors driveshaft is longer, not thinking that the 4 door was longer #-o. So here is what I need, a driveshaft for a 318/904/with an 8 1/4 rearend. I know I could have this one cut down, but Ifigured I would rather give an FABO guy money before a shop. I will also trade parts too.

Well on to the next problem. I just put that 8 1/4 rearend out of the dart I am parting, into my 70 duster. So I figured I would have to use the darts driveshaft, cause it is a different length than the dusters original driveshaft. Well, I just learned that the 74 dart 4 doors driveshaft is longer, not thinking that the 4 door was longer #-o. So here is what I need, a driveshaft for a 318/904/with an 8 1/4 rearend. I know I could have this one cut down, but Ifigured I would rather give an FABO guy money before a shop. I will also trade parts too.

It seems to me all the Darts from 1967 through 1976 had a 111 inch wheel base while your Duster has 108. I am not positive that I am correct here so others please chime in.

I just found another source that states 1966 Dart is also 111 inch wheel base.

It seems to me all the Darts from 1967 through 1976 had a 111 inch wheel base while your Duster has 108. I am not positive that I am correct here so others please chime in.

I just found another source that states 1966 Dart is also 111 inch wheel base.

His reply...... hit the nail on the head, all Dart's had longer driveshaft's no matter if it's a two or four door, same wheelbase length. All Duster's and Demon's had a shorter driveshaft.

Yep,Darts are 111 wb & duster,demon,67-76 valiant sedans & 67-9 cuda are all 108. I started a thread sticky on driveshaft lenghts

If you add an inch of setback in the front leaf spring hangers you can use the 7.25 length drive shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back