driveshaft part number location.....

-

70-duster

Reaction score
I have a few driveshafts that I am trying to find the part number, on. I did find one on the end of one of the driveshafts and it reads 2781986, but I don't see that number on the internet list. I also have a 70 duster driveshaft, but can't find any numbers on it at all. A little help, please.:banghead:

Best is to measure diameter and center to center length.

Once you have that it should be easier to figure out unless someone has a 67-69 parts book.

I have a few driveshafts that I am trying to find the part number, on. I did find one on the end of one of the driveshafts and it reads 2781986, but I don't see that number on the internet list. I also have a 70 duster driveshaft, but can't find any numbers on it at all. A little help, please.:banghead:

Where on the driveshaft did you find that number?

that number is stamped in the end, under the u-joint.

That will be a number for that part of the driveshaft and that is why you can find no information on it. That part would have been used on every driveshart that used the same diameter tube and u-joint during the time that driveshaft was made.

ie. Part number for that single item but not the assembly.

that number is stamped in the end, under the u-joint.
I don't remember those being "stamped". I think that number is built into the die when that part was forged and is just the number for that end piece. The only part numbers I remember seeing on a driveshaft were stenciled on the outside with paint. Most are long gone by now. Like crackedback mentioned, go by the center to center measurement, diameter, and u-joint size for interchange purposes.

-
Back