Driveshaft Unbalance/Runout Sensitivity?

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
This Lady ran over a mattress and decided to keep going. The ensuing
jumble finally whipped around enough to put a tear in the gas tank, the
subsequent lack of fuel is what finally brought this vehicle to its
knees.

It had still managed to drive 30 more miles decently with a 60lb tangle
wrapped around the driveshaft.

This "genius" complained that the vehicle had a "shimmy" when driving it
high speeds.

This is what the dealership found..............

1.jpg

2.jpg

Money_Shot.jpg

reminds me of a couple years ago I saw a jerk in a furd truck slide off the road and through a barbwire fence. he went tearing through the field winding fence around both axles as he went. he finally bogged down and came to a stop. I didn't stick around to see how he explained to the farmer or the cops but I have wondered about it. I bet it was expensive

If you put a hose clamp or two on the driveshaft, and keep moving the heavy screw portion around a little at a time, it should balance that sucker smooth as silk Jimmy boy. :)

I've seen a blacket, and also a tarp, and they were wound up really tight around the driveshaft. Both of them pulled over after maybe 1/2 mile after driving over the "debris". WOW a whole matress and kept on goin' LMAO.

No stange sounds coming out from under the car? LOL.

That is priceless....I needed a good laugh today. That was it, thanx.

Wow, hard to believe it could keep going long enough to get that wound up :munky2:

I had to tow a rwd LeBaron once that the bright owner had done something similar. The had gone to home depot and loaded up a few 2x4's on the roof right up front by the door and used that poly twine to tie it down. Well they forgot to cut the twine, and when they drove off it caught under the car and wrapped itself in the driveline. What sucked the most is that it was a brand new box of twine and the guy driving wasn't to aware of anything. Luckily a cop pulled them over as the box finished out and the ball had just caught fire.

"I strongly suggest you all set down Jordy's stash of spare visor's and step away from them unless you want your demise to start here, and now."

celebritypuke-klingon1.jpg

Is that really a kling on egg attached to her driveshaft?

Warp drive on the new 09 Fords.

or

Ford's new top secret propulsion system for 2012.

This new technoligy is a ***** to work on.

Where's the plug wires on this new engine.

She did exactly what the drivers handbook says to do in case a mattress falls of a vehicle... but she could have pulled over.

When I worked in a tire shop years ago a black lady came in with the right front tire smoking like is was on fire and said "There is a terrible noise in the front of the car". To make a long story short her front brakes wore out but she kept driving anyways. The right front caliber had locked so tight to the rotor that the center hub had broke loose in the middle of the rotor!

They ignore the noises like "Oh eventually it will go away."

Further proof that GM owners are dead from the neck up. How unconscious do you need to be to drive around with something like that on your vehicle?

She did exactly what the drivers handbook says to do in case a mattress falls of a vehicle... but she could have pulled over.

When I worked in a tire shop years ago a black lady came in with the right front tire smoking like is was on fire and said "There is a terrible noise in the front of the car". To make a long story short her front brakes wore out but she kept driving anyways. The right front caliber had locked so tight to the rotor that the center hub had broke loose in the middle of the rotor!

They ignore the noises like "Oh eventually it will go away."

I had an omni for a beater for a short time in the mid 80's , the front brakes started grinding at some point but I just ignored it . The brakes got so bad I had to use the emergency brake to stop the car . At that point i decided to junk it . long story short I drove it to a local junkyard , after they weighed the car (loaded it with alot of scrap parts ) I unbolted the tires and had them lift the car with a loader so I could take the wheels off and when I looked at the front front brakes the rotors braking surface was completely ground away , only the center part that went over the wheel hub remained .:toothy10:

When I was in auto shop class somebody brought a heavy duty Ford pickup in because of a noise in the front. One side of one of the vented rotors was worn away until the friction surface was gone. All that was left was the fins that made up the air passages through the rotor.

O.K.guy's, this ones wound tight enough to go another 5000 miles. On to the next one.

Jack

That's a good one!

I had an omni for a beater for a short time in the mid 80's , the front brakes started grinding at some point but I just ignored it . The brakes got so bad I had to use the emergency brake to stop the car . At that point i decided to junk it . long story short I drove it to a local junkyard , after they weighed the car (loaded it with alot of scrap parts ) I unbolted the tires and had them lift the car with a loader so I could take the wheels off and when I looked at the front front brakes the rotors braking surface was completely ground away , only the center part that went over the wheel hub remained .:toothy10:

You got the goody out that one didn't you!

When I was in auto shop class somebody brought a heavy duty Ford pickup in because of a noise in the front. One side of one of the vented rotors was worn away until the friction surface was gone. All that was left was the fins that made up the air passages through the rotor.

That's the way the rotors looked on that lady's car.

My boss's son has Honda Pilot. I went to pick up today to take it to the a auto shop for new brakes on the rear. Good grief! It was grinding bad! I'm glad I at least have enough since to start getting brake pads when I need them. I check my brake pads every time I rotate the tires but some people don't know what to look for. Or in this case "Let daddy fix it."

I had one boss come to me one afternoon complaining about how much he spent on his car that day. He mumbled something about a big repair bill he paid on his front end. Of course, I didn't confess that I had put pebbles in his hubcap on the previous evening. Oops.

THAT IS JUST CRAZY! I work at a dealership that would probably WARRANTY that! no joke!

we had a cavalier in the bodyshop about 4-5 years ago
lady driving it hit "something" in the road
the oil light came on
but she had to get her kids to the movies
she drove it till it locked up
she still got the ins co to pay for it
all the under carriage damage
damage to the trans
and a brand new ecotech 2.2l

attachment.php

Okay Fella's lets get the magnets and harness installed and she oughta good for 75 or 80 kilowatts at 60 mph!

-
Back