Driving from PA to CA can help with parts

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am driving from Pittsburgh, PA to Lancaster, CA to help a friend move there and should have some extra space in the rental truck and possibly even strapped to the car trailer under or around her car. So i may be able to help deliver some parts on the way.

I am leaving Pittsburgh, PA either Sun 3/17 or Mon 3/18 -- Here is my route and my estimated eta's:

DAY 1 - Pittsburgh to St Louis via I-70 W -- I plan to stop on the west side of St Louis for the night

Day 2 - St Louis to Oklahoma City - I-70 W to I-44 to I-35 S -- I plan to stop in Oklahoma City for the night --- I MUST BE IN OK CITY ON 3/19

Day 3 - Oklahoma City to either Albuquerque or Flagstaff - I-40 W -- I plan to stop in either city for the night

Day 4 - Either Albuquerque or Flagstaff to Lancaster, Ca - I-40 W to I-15 S to CA 58 BUS to CA 14 S -- Final stop. -- I MUST BE IN LANCASTER BY FRIDAY 3/22

If you are along that route or can meet me on that route during these time frame then hit me up and I will see if I can help you out.

Let me know what you got and we can work out a price to help me on some gas.

FYI I'm flying back from CA so there is no return trip.

PM me if you are interested.

You are correct....... The routes and numbers where starting to blur my thought process....

You will pass within 45 minutes of me? Where are you staying in OKC?

You will also pass by my daughter in St. James Mo. That is on I-44 west of St. Louis. There is a good reasonable priced motel there with an in door pool.

In St Louis i'm staying at a Marriott chain -- Fairfield Suite I think....

In OK City I'm staying at my friend who's moving to LA her apartment... She's in OK City for training then off to Lancaster, CA where she will be working.

if you havent booked your flight yet, mopars at the strip is that weekend, in vegas 3-22 thru 3-24. i hear its a great show, never been myself.

In St Louis i'm staying at a Marriott chain -- Fairfield Suite I think....

In OK City I'm staying at my friend who's moving to LA her apartment... She's in OK City for training then off to Lancaster, CA where she will be working.

Sounds like you will be busy. Maybe someone will need some parts hauled and that will be able to help the expenses.

Sounds like you will be busy. Maybe someone will need some parts hauled and that will be able to help the expenses.

I'm guessing I will be... but who knows... we have 4 days to make a 2 day drive... but once I get to OKC she will dictate the schedule, LOL.

your going thru where a 340 i am trying to buy is at. but i will be in vegas when you get to cal. too bad

not sure when you will be in vegas versus when I am passing by.... but I if I remember right at one point in the drive I will only be something like 80 miles away from vegas..... Full engine or just a block? A block I can move by myself.... a full engine would be too heavy for me to handle myself.

its a block n heads. i am going with my boss, he races all weekend so i think we go to vegas thurs nite after work. prob be back sun night. i think we drive thru lancaster as well but most likely will be oposite times, lol.

Well if you end up buying it get in touch with me and if we can work out the timing or a spot for you to pick it up I'd be happy to help for some gas money.

Downtown Vegas to Kingman AZ (I-40) is about 90-95 miles.Add about 20 more from the track. You guys could meet at The Travel America truck stop I-40 St route 93 Junction in Kingman.

OOps. Sorry I'm so used to taking I-40 W from I-44 at OC. Had to look at the map. I see the route your taking way south to I-20.

OOps. Sorry I'm so used to taking I-40 W from I-44 at OC. Had to look at the map. I see the route your taking way south to I-20.

No clue what route your talking about.... I am pretty sure we are taking I-40 W from OKC all the way into CA until we hit the CA Routes listed.... Who knows by that time it will all look the same to me. LOL

Oops again . In your first posts you mentioned I-35 In OC. I was thinking that you were going further south than I-40 W. My mistake, should have "read'' instead of scan. This thread caught my attention. As I have been traveling yearly from Vegas to Pittsburgh and back for the last 20 years or so.Born and raised in the "Burgh" area,so when I see Pittsburgh posts makes me think of home.

Last week before I hit the road if anyone has any parts they need hauled... PM me if your interested...

-
Back