droopy doors

-

highflyer

Reaction score
as bad as droopy drawers...hinges a little sloppy and door hits pin as door is being closed...is there any way to adjust the door at its hinges or is pin rep/rep the only...tx...j

Door hits pin?

You can get hinge rebuild kits at the part store. Either that or find another good used hinge.

I've done both. I highly recommend the door hinge pin and bushing renew. My drivers side door lined up and worked like brand new. I didn't need to adjust anything. I replaced the 2 rubber bumpers on the door also.
The passengers door is due for the same service.

Pin and bushing, check O'reillys, napa. It can get aggravating. On a 69, we had to buy 2 kits. The original pin wouldn't work with the bushing. Bought another and got po'd. (one kit was bought on-line).
So we took all, found a pin and bushing that were tight, drilled out the hinge, cut down the head of the bushing, then it all worked.

Pin and bushing, check O'reillys, napa. It can get aggravating. On a 69, we had to buy 2 kits. The original pin wouldn't work with the bushing. Bought another and got po'd. (one kit was bought on-line).
So we took all, found a pin and bushing that were tight, drilled out the hinge, cut down the head of the bushing, then it all worked.

Overcoming adversity is what owning a classic is all about!!! well that and having a blast drivin em!!!

-
Back