Drop-In Third Member

-

jerkyboy

Reaction score
Anyone purchase a drop-in third member from justdifferentials.com? They quoted me $1,164 (shipped) for a 741 unit with a sure grip and 3:73s.

I'll check them out. Got my car up on a lift tonight and ends up my diff is a 489, not a 741.

rrdd01.jpg

489. 741. 742

Me personally I've never seen a drop in third member.

But I know mine drop out. Right on your hands, fingers, legs or better yet, your buddy who said he'd help you for a couple of beers.

I did pay for the stitches in his hand though.

That's funny you guys should bring that up. I've been thinking about investing in a tranny jack at HF, as I'll be pulling my tranny too.

That's funny you guys should bring that up. I've been thinking about investing in a tranny jack at HF, as I'll be pulling my tranny too.

a tranny jack Is well worth the money even if you only use it once .

That thing is not that heavy........................................................once you get it up on your chest.
So the way I used to do it was back the car up on the ramps, soz I had some belly, I mean chest clearance, then pull the creeper in beside me with the chunk on it. Then the battle began, getting it up onto my chest, in the available space.

So one time I scooted it in first, and came in from the back, sliding my big chest under the banjo.
Then the battle began, getting it up onto my chest, in the available space.

So another time, I thought I'd be smart and put it on my chest first,eh. Fat chance wiggling your now 700pound self in under the banjo, Hah! Yeah, and in in from the side don't work either.

I swear this used to be so much easier, when I was a kid.

So I went and got me a job in a shop with a drive-on hoist. Easy street . I was slamming chunks in just for the heck of it. Friday night slam a 4.88 or a 4.30 in there, for the weekend; Monday evening swap it out for 3.55s,3.23s or something else.
Oh yeah; drive on hoist.

Last edited:
That thing is not that heavy........................................................once you get it up on your chest.
So the way I used to do it was back the car up on the ramps, soz I had some belly, I mean chest clearance, then pull the creeper in beside me with the chunk on it. Then the battle began, getting it up onto my chest, in the available space.

So one time I scooted it in first, and came in from the back, sliding my big chest under the banjo.
Then the battle began, getting it up onto my chest, in the available space.

So another time, I thought I'd be smart and put it on my chest first,eh. Fat chance wiggling your now 700pound self in under the banjo, Hah! Yeah, and in in from the side don't work either.

I swear this used to be so much easier, when I was a kid.

So I went and got me a job in a shop with a drive-on hoist. Easy street . I was slamming chunks in just for the heck of it. Friday night slam a 4.88 or a 4.30 in there, for the weekend; Monday evening swap it out for 3.55s,3.23s or something else.
Oh yeah; drive on hoist.

Yeah, but you're a HE man.
I'd rather work smart than hard. I'm too old for that crap.

While God has blessed me with strength and common sense, I don't do it that way any more either. I used to do it like that, like over 20 years ago. I probably still could, actually I'm sure I could; but nowadays, like you, I too,work smarter. At 64, I also am "too old for that crap".
And don't anybody dare say ;you're only as old as you feel. I can't feel 40 years younger no matter how much I might try. And it's getting harder and harder every year, to recognize that old guy in the mirror.

-
Back