drop the box

-

mikec

Reaction score
hey everyone , I've got a question on dropping power steering box out of 73 dodge dart 318. I am pulling upper and lower control arms for ball joint bushings, is it possible to take steering box out without pulling motor up? I have headers that will unbolt and drop down, was just wondering if anyone was able to do it this way . Thanks Happy Easter

Sure...but you will more than likely have to drop the K member to do it. Once you are as far as having the upper /lower control arms etc off.....just 4 more bolts. Of course, you will have to safely support the motor with blocks from the bottom or hang it from a cherry picker. Your call.

Steering gear will come out of there with stock exhaust manifolds. Pull the starter.
I don't know about headers.

i'm going to give it a shot during the week, i'will post if it works . Thanks

yeah, I'm thinking now that I had to remove the exhaust collector bolts from the left manifold 'cause that pipe was in the way of my impact. It is a 'Y' pipe so I might have unbolted both sides for enough movement. Been a long time, memory fades.
Let us know what bolt head type you find and if you find lock-tite in the threads.
Good luck

-
Back