drove by Mr Norms in Rockford

-

72demon440

Reaction score
I have been working In Rockford, Ill lately, on the way to one of my customers I look over and see The Hemi under Glass in a building with alot of other mopars, I thought wtf, Turns out it is The new Mr Norms shop, They have dyno tuning and alot of other stuff. I am hoping to stop there next time! Pretty cool though! any one else been there? Jared

cant wait for the 2013 dart to come out see what hes going to cook up a new GSS?

hoping to stop by there next week, I wil be working in the area again:burnout:

Definitely take pictures. Almost moved to Rockford in 2001, traveled there a lot when I worked for a company based there. Seemed like quite a few mopars in that area. Missed this one though.

I live in Rockford...Mr. Norms shop is pretty sweet, and they will work on the old stuff als. Thier bodyman is a genius. And yes this is a very rich Mopar area, with the Belvidere assembly plant being so close by! Oh and by the way, to make Mr. Norms even cooler....it is in the old Strandquist Chrysler Plymouth dealership dating back a few decades. So our cars rolled through there back when they were new! The building is really a great space for Mr. Norms. Any of you looking to make a roadtrip to Mr. Norms, let me know, I can give you some scoops on great food etc. There is also a really good Auto Museum, just north of town.

DD where in Rockford are ya? I'm over in Durand. I had Mr Norm's help sort out my Duster they did a great job, and even let me make payments on the work being done.

They rebuilt the top end for me, did a great job. They also went through the brakes and all the lines to make it drive better.

Was pricy but like I said they let me make payments and were super cool to deal with gave me a lot of free stuff.

We need us an FABO group at Belvedere this year!

I finally stopped by Mr. Norms and there were lots of cool cars in the show room. superbird, 440 baracuda, 2 gss darts, and they had a new challenger with the drag pak with the viper v10 in it and had a roll cage in it.. pretty bad ***!!, they had some other stuff to like a 429 mustang and a cyclone and a corvette, yawn!! I asked the guy if they did tuning on the dyno on carbureted cars, They only tune new cars, what kind of High Performance Shop, especially Mr Norms shop wont tune carburetors! Kind of let down by the whole visit, the cars were cool to see though, there is the "Hemi under Glass" there also. Jared

I finally stopped by Mr. Norms and there were lots of cool cars in the show room. superbird, 440 baracuda, 2 gss darts, and they had a new challenger with the drag pak with the viper v10 in it and had a roll cage in it.. pretty bad ***!!, they had some other stuff to like a 429 mustang and a cyclone and a corvette, yawn!! I asked the guy if they did tuning on the dyno on carbureted cars, They only tune new cars, what kind of High Performance Shop, especially Mr Norms shop wont tune carburetors! Kind of let down by the whole visit, the cars were cool to see though, there is the "Hemi under Glass" there also. Jared

Yeah, some of these new techs don't know what a carburetor is. Or even a set of points... ...not worthy of being called "techs"...

They will tune anything on that dyno, they had dyno days a few months back for like 25 bucks a run.

Actually was 50$ on DynoDay for a couple pulls at the old location..
Hotdogs and hamburgers were free ... :headbang:
The dyno room is now in the upper level where the car storage is....

Yea the guy said they wont tune a carburetor, they have not done that in a long time he said. What ever! He said I could tune my own carburetor but they wont, I wouldnt know the first thing about tuning a holley, Just have to find some one else when the time comes! Jared

Yea the guy said they wont tune a carburetor, they have not done that in a long time he said. What ever! He said I could tune my own carburetor but they wont, I wouldnt know the first thing about tuning a holley, Just have to find some one else when the time comes! Jared

a holley is easy to tune. mr norm's is pretty much a lent name these days. and from what i hear that contract is due to expire. the place is owned by bill sefton. (hope i spelled that right). the manager is a ford guy from tennessee. "rinodart" was doing all of there transports. and thats where my information came from. i was there last june it is an impressive place none the less. its a good thing to keep a legend alive especially a mopar guru like mr norm. i was lucky enough to frequent "mr norm's grand spalding dodge" back in his hayday of the 1970's. now that was awsome.

I took a pic of the super bird with my phone because I forgot my camera. don't know if I can do any thing with the pic on my phone, maybe next week when I go to rockford I will try again, Jared

-
Back