drum/disc conversion issue

-

gipperco

Reaction score
So, I am doing a drum to disc conversion on our 74 Dart. Donor car was a 75 Dart. I have one side sorta on. Went to put cotter pin on the spindle and the rotor assemble doesn't seem to want to go on far enough to be able to get to the cotter pin hole? Wheel bearing is in correctly it spins fine. Put the caliper on and tightened down the back bolts and wheel wont turn at all. What have I done incorrectly here?

Just an updated. I figured out the problem. I had no responses or input on this one but in case anyone else runs into this they will be able to check this on their project. The inner race on the new rotors were not seated correctly. They were not down/in all the way thus not letting the rotor sit back on the spindle all the way. All is good now and working/spinning fine now. good luck.

Just an updated. I figured out the problem. I had no responses or input on this one but in case anyone else runs into this they will be able to check this on their project. The inner race on the new rotors were not seated correctly. They were not down/in all the way thus not letting the rotor sit back on the spindle all the way. All is good now and working/spinning fine now. good luck.
When I did my swap the reese,s were already installed,had no issues.Glad you figured it out!Happy cruizin!

-
Back