Drum Dumb

-

JBAR

JBAR
Reaction score
I have no idea how to replace front shoes and wheel baerings on a 9' drum system. HELP :blah5:

You must get ahold of a factory service manual for your year of car,it would be the best investment you could ever make. You can try Year One or mopar manuals on CD-rom, maybe your local chrysler dealer might have one that you could photocopy the section you need. Another option is to get a general "hayes" manual from Wal-Mart or your local auto parts store. Or... find a knowledgeable mechanic that will moonlight and show you how to do it! Let us know how you make out.

I agree with Flyboy. Throw those things in the garbage, but you might want to keep the spindles as most aftermarket kits use those factory pieces.

Jbar , if you plan on keeping your car for any length of time then you should check out a factory service manual. The repros run between 50 and 65 dollars and are one of the best investments you`ll ever make. They show you how to take apart and put together every part of your car. Try www.faxonautoliterature.com .

discs are better, by a long shot, but don't guess, there is a good article on Mopar Action's web that'll answer all your questions more info below.....

discs are better, by a long shot, but don't guess, there is a good article on Mopar Action's web that'll answer all your questions, just click on the tech questions yellow star near the bottom. E-booger knows his stuff!!!! (good website for everything).

I replaced the drums on my Dart. If you have to do that, you should know that the bearing hub is seperate from the drum. I had to mill the studs of on the backside of the hub and beat them out. The wheel studs start out straight, but I guess 39 yrs. of being on the car stretched them and caused the splines to flair. I beat on them for about 30 mins. before giving up on getting them out from the wheelside of the drum.

You should chunk those suckers and go with the discs. This scarebird stuff is supposed to work. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ORE:PROMOBOX:CUST&viewitem=&item=150109871665

-
Back