Drum not fitting oh shoes

-

DartIan

Reaction score
So i was hearing a rubbing noise down the highway ignored it and for months drove it. BIG MISTAKE. i didn't even know how close i was to disaster. My rear brake shows had been pulverized. and all the hardware was destroying itself. SO said a lil prayer then ordered the parts. new spring kits and shoes. And i replaced all the stuff. found out my adjuster was broke so i ordered that. Itll be in tomorrow. But i tried to put my drum on and it went on with a hassle. It was very very tight. and it wont go on all the way. We tried to shrink the shoes but its like the dont wanna go together closer than we got them. All the springs are on right i know for a fact. But its being difficult. Why?

You've backed the adjuster off all the way I presume? Maybe it's the wrong one? Did you match the new shoes and hardware with your old parts? If you have new shoes and new drums, everything has to be just right or they won't go on.

Nope the shoes are correct size dont worry i matched all the parts up everything is the exact replacement. I dont know whats wrong with it. Everything is the correct replacement the drums are not new. they are the old ones

daredevil your right. the cylinders are shot. that could be the issue. thank you i didnt think of that. we pulled the left one off and saw that it was gone so they will come in today. ill look into it.

Yes is the wheel cylinders are wore they may not collapse all the way.
Also check that you used one small shoe, and one larger one on each side.
The shorter shoe goes towards the front of the car.

-
Back