drum to disk brake conversion question

-

ariffle

Fish Shouldn't Rust
Reaction score
I know there is a more modern vehicle that I can use the front spindles and brakes from that will fit on my 67 barracuda fastback, but damed if i know what it is.
Does anyone know for sure what it is? If you do, are you using them and did they fit correctly?
Thanks for the help!

If you want BBP and disc, just get the suspension from a 73+ a body.

Covered a bunch of times in here.

73+ A body BBJ uppers and 73-76 A spindles or FMJ's

sorry everyone for the repeat question. Didn't mean to tick everyone off.
I'm still a little new at this and don't know what some of the lingo means. Such as FMJ etc.

If you want BBP and disc, just get the suspension from a 73+ a body.

Thank you for the information. I really apreciate you taking the time. I'll go look for a 73 A body car "MOPAR" and take spindles, brakes, splash shields and I think the upper and lower control arms if thats what you ment.
When you say FMJ and all the other acronyms, what do they mean? I know that BBP means Big Bolt Pattern but thats about it.

Thank you for the information. I really apreciate you taking the time. I'll go look for a 73 A body car "MOPAR" and take spindles, brakes, splash shields and I think the upper and lower control arms if thats what you ment.
When you say FMJ and all the other acronyms, what do they mean? I know that BBP means Big Bolt Pattern but thats about it.

You dont need lower control arms just upper. If no luck finding donor car id get a hold of Cass from dr. Differential his kits are well priced

F body m body j body (different chassis, think a body b body c body, etc).

Dodge diplomat's or dodge aspens whill have the spindle set up and someone is making an insert for the small ball joint so you don't have to swap arms.

The ball joint adapter comes from www.doctordiff.com
Lets you use the small ball joint upper control arms with the 73 up A and F,M,J and late B spindles.

-
Back