drum to disk. what year will swop out

-

clairday modtop

there's no car like mopar
Reaction score
i was thinking of swopping my front drum to disk and was wondering was year mopar would interchang with my 69 barracuda. was thinking of geting them off a doner car. anyone know?:read2:

i was looking at the scarebird brakes kit and was wondering if i would have to use a brake booster? don't think i'd have room for it with my headers.

I am in the middle of this as well do a search there are a ton of topics on it. this issue has come up often. On my home computer i have a link to the one thread i am referring to so when i get home i will post it in here.

Any small bolt pattern disc brake pattern will bolt on. You will need the lower ball joints from the donor as well as: lines,hoses,spindles,bearings,shields,pads,calipers,proportioning valve,brake booster and master cylinder

i was thinking of swopping my front drum to disk and was wondering was year mopar would interchang with my 69 barracuda. was thinking of geting them off a doner car. anyone know?:read2:

you keeping the small bolt ? i have a set of the 4 piston dosc brakes from a 71 dart that will fit it. i have every thing . its all still on the car.

this is why i was asking about the brake booster. is there enough room to clear the headers?

002.jpg

005.jpg

Both my 66 GT and the Demon have un-assisted disk brakes. The easiest interchange for your 69 Cuda is the 65-72 4 piston Kelsey-Hayes units that Ma Mopar installed. You get to keep the SBP wheels, though you do need to make sure the wheels are compatible with the brakes. Must use at least 14 inch wheels as 13s will not clear the caliper assembly.

Oh yeah. Make sure you grab the proportioning valve when you get the disks. The results will not be very rewarding otherwise.

this is why i was asking about the brake booster. is there enough room to clear the headers?

you know a stock a-body power brake set up puts the booster and master cyl kinda high. so it may actually clear those headders. i know we did power on a duster with a 440 and pro parts headders and it actually gave us more room then just the master cyl.

-
Back