drum to power disk swap what vacum pick up point to use for booster

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
Ive done the swap now just doing final work on it all i need a vacuum point for the booster
i have a CALI carb on my car sense thats were it came from only two vacuum points one small one for the dizzy and one large one witch is where the pcv is hooked up i was thinking if i tee into that would i have issues with blow back from the pcv to the booster
the book does not call any points out ether so im asking the others for help

thanks

Straight from the intake manifold is the best place. There should be a blocked off port on one of the intake runners.

Attachments

• 2011-06-05_12-18-45_869.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 169
ahhh i will look in a few mins after my snack break

here is the only port i have and i see see carbon on the bottom of plug and looks like its inside the hole to so is this some how tied to the exshaust that im missing or is this a good point to grab vacuum from

yea i got a large brass fitting supply at home just for these reasons

Attachments

• dart 305.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 159
i probed that hole and it has a wall on the intake runner side so what ever this port its not part of that last runner that i can tell carbon smells like fuel to so im still lost if this is a good point or not for vacuum

that should work. As said above you will need a nipple like thisone without all the small ports.

Attachments

• 2011-06-05_12-18-27_450.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 154
nippel is not a problem i probley have 30 of them from size to height what ever i need
just that port was my only concern

i probed that hole and it has a wall on the intake runner side so what ever this port its not part of that last runner that i can tell carbon smells like fuel to so im still lost if this is a good point or not for vacuum

I'll guarantee you that is a vacuum port. If you don't believe me, just start the engine!!

ill give it a shoot
just seems like the plug would be on the intake runner and its not its like its on littel runner thats why it makes no sense on what its for but i already set it tonight so when i get her fired up ill let you know

here is the only port i have and i see see carbon on the bottom of plug and looks like its inside the hole to so is this some how tied to the exshaust that im missing or is this a good point to grab vacuum from

yea i got a large brass fitting supply at home just for these reasons
that is the factory vacume port location for power brakes. install nipple and hose :thumblef:

Sorry to hijack your post. I was just wandering... is this the same vacuum port I'd use on a '67 273 Commando engine?

here is the only port i have and i see see carbon on the bottom of plug and looks like its inside the hole to so is this some how tied to the exshaust that im missing or is this a good point to grab vacuum fromyea i got a large brass fitting supply at home just for these reasons

That's the one, put a nipple in there and hook er up.

Hey guys!

Any idea where the best vacuum hook up would be for a 225 slant 6? I also just did the upgrade to front discs and manual to power and had the same question.

same deal except you should have a plug on # 6 intake runner.

-
Back