Drums to disc convertion 65 dart

-

Dart 65 /6 170

Reaction score
My dart have 13 inch wheels and the small 5x4 bolt pattern.

I need some help.
If I buy a disc kit with 5x4.5 will that effect anything else other than my wheels?

thanks you

9DD68FFE-46D0-4F66-B13E-61148E2E698F.jpeg

you could go with one of those conversion kits to add discs up front AND keep it SBP all the way around (still need 14 in wheels) or go with an OEN Kelsey Hays SBP 65-72 disc conversion (still need 14 in wheels. Or LBP conversion (larger wheels again) and run SBP in the back unless you convert the rear as well. Lots of choices (and money!)

you could go with one of those conversion kits to add discs up front AND keep it SBP all the way around (still need 14 in wheels) or go with an OEN Kelsey Hays SBP 65-72 disc conversion (still need 14 in wheels. Or LBP conversion (larger wheels again) and run SBP in the back unless you convert the rear as well. Lots of choices (and money!)
Can you suggest any kits either SBP or LBP

I personally am using a 73-76 LBP disc conversion on my 65 - I sourced good used large ball joint UCA’s, rebuilt them with offset bushings and new ball joints. New calipers, pads, hoses, rotors, bearings etc all available at just about any parts store. The only parts you’d need (LCA’s and spindles) members do offer them on FABO. Or source everything from Dr Diff or PST (FABO vendors) offers both SBP and LBP disc conversions and offers a decent discount to FABO members. Contact James at PST - they’re members here - look in the vendor section. Of course there are other companies that offer conversions - Wilwood comes to mind. Run a search for disc conversions and enjoy hours of reading!

With Wilwood you can use either small or big bolt pattern,and you DON'T have to change the upper ball joints put them on my '70 duster pretty straight forward to install,some of the best money I've spent:thumbsup::thumbsup:

9 in The front
I see you're from Denmark so factory parts or a complete kit would be your best bet. Some of the early A body guys have used a Scarebird set up but you would probably have to source some of the parts. PST is a vendor/sponsor here and has kits. Just make sure you get a kit that will work with 9" spindles.

I use the scarebird kit and it works great. Cheap if you can redrill the rotors yourself. I pieced together the kit for about $250 and kept my 14" steel rims. Dont forget your gonna need a master cylinder aswell.

-
Back