Dry Cell Automotive Batteries - Jay Leno's Garage

-
Conventional batteries do not provide bragging rights.

Well, that's where you're wrong. Lemmie splain.

The Motorcraft MAX batteries go like this.

3 year free replacement.

When that's done, 100 months pro rate.

If the battery dies within the first three years, you get a free one.

If you get into the pro rated period and have to pay ANYTHING for another battery, the warranty starts ALL OVER.

Them's braggin rights in my book.

Well, that's where you're wrong. Lemmie splain.

The Motorcraft MAX batteries go like this.

3 year free replacement.

When that's done, 100 months pro rate.

If the battery dies within the first three years, you get a free one.

If you get into the pro rated period and have to pay ANYTHING for another battery, the warranty starts ALL OVER.

Them's braggin rights in my book.
That is a great battery warranty! But what's making all the fords die on the side of the road? It is thick with them on hot days. :)

NOW if they made technology that could instantly give my number to all the cute girls that check out my car. That, that I would be interested in.
blue tooth.."press here to get my phone number..."or old school: Put your biz card in the window, "Have wood, will swing"

Try my kitcar.
20151015_170636.jpg

Is that Wet Nellie's sister?!?

Oh I know what it is, I'm just saying it looks like Wet Nellie.

Hasen't everyone driven a FF Aztec7?

I raced a '68 Zink C4 FV, a little bit lighter than your A7 :)

Last edited:
Oh I know what it is, I'm just saying it looks like Wet Nellie.

Hasen't everyone driven a FF Aztec7?

I raced a '68 Zink C4 FV, a little bit lighter than your A7 :)
Yours might be lighter, mine has the battery in front of the front beam to help keep the front tires on the ground, when pulling the gears. I used aluminum and tube steel to replace the FF clunky harware.

Over 10 years ago I bought 3 used Exide Gel batteries from a friend of mine. Before that time, I used to be a 'regular' battery every now and then.
Sold one to another friend, and kept the remaining 2 batteries in my cars (which are stored indoor nonetheless).
But they are still cranking sway like they are new.
Occassionaly, when I use one of my cars in the garage as a musicplayer, I put a battery-charger on them on a 'slow'-charge.

I also got 2 Optima Gel batteries in use. One is in my daily driver, that also has to be around 10 years old already.

I don't think I will ever be buying 'regular' car batteries anytime soon, seeing how long these 'used' Gel batteries have served me.

-
Back