Dryer sheet hate

-

Teeth & Tires

A-retentive
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I know you people who use 'em. I can smell you across the parking lot. Burns my nose like taking a whiff of ammonia. I don't get why people use 'em but whatever.

Who else hates these things?

i prefer my clothes to smell like burnt gear oil and static cling so when i pull my shirt off the pile it makes a lighting storm...

i also dont wear deodorant...

I am allergic to something in them, most colognes & perfumes too.

Mice hate em !! They're great to put in your car for winter storage !! :D

I can't tolerate the smell of them either. Or those dryer beads, or strong perfume (people, these scents should be for those nearest you, not a cloud you can smell 20 feet away). The smell causes migraines. Doc says there's something called "scent allergies ".

I can't tolerate the smell of them either. Or those dryer beads, or strong perfume (people, these scents should be for those nearest you, not a cloud you can smell 20 feet away). The smell causes migraines. Doc says there's something called "scent allergies ".

That would be me!

We use Unscented because it causes me to have headaches

Looks like I'm not the only one here that has problem with perfume. There are days I cannot go down the spice aisle at the grocery store due to the smell

I did buy a small box of scented for the cars and as of last week they still smelled when I put battery back in one of the cars

When we were house-hunting, had to pass on numerous potential properties because they smelled so heavily of the stuff. Sorry bounce-boy, no sale for you.

I gag from most man-made fragrances. We buy no scented products and I've found only two perfumes for my wife that I can tolerate. If we attend an event where most women are wearing fragrances, I remain outside as much as possible to keep from getting physically ill. My reaction is so intense, I'm convinced it is indeed an allergy.

Not crazy about the smell of them, but toss one in the back of your shorts for those 'windy' days.. Helps out a lot..

My wife LOVES them and can smell them from a mile away!

Whenever we go for a walk in the neighborhood, I can see her eyes light up right before she takes a deep sniff and beams- dyer sheets.....if people are running their dryer!

I personally do not care for overpowering fake or soapy smells but I do like not having static cling.

You do know that their are unscented drier sheets available, too. Don't you? The still soften and prevent static electricity, but have no aroma, at all.

Love the smell. Goes back to childhood when you put Downy in the washing machine rinse cycle. My Mom didn't use it and I wanted my clothes to smell nice like the other kids.

Most dryer sheets dont bother me too much, but overdoing it on the fabric softener does. Don't like overkill of any scents. I do actually get sick from some. Glade plugins make me feel sick like I have the flu if I am around them for more than a few minutes. I can actually like the smell of some things and still get nauseous. Never figured out for sure, but must be some chemical they use in faking these smells. A lot of candles get me, fake grape smell like grape cigars, hazelnut coffee/creamer ( but I can eat real hazelnut with no problem). Funny thing is, I can use pretty much any paint , solvent, cleaner etc with no issue.

-
Back