Dual carbs on a slant

-

Palmetto

Reaction score
Has anyone used these carbs on their leaning tower of power? They have a great look to them....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GC0W11UFu8"]Slant 6 - YouTube[/ame]

Are those zenith strombergs? They don't have the best reputation, and that manifold is a nightmare of bad airflow.

That mess of $hit is no way to get any kind of performance.

Some people do this for "looks" but to those guys who understand what they are looking at it makes us want to puke.

As Peter Fonda once said about an ugly overchromed "T" bucket. "Ugliest ##ckin car I've ever seen. Looks like a juke box."

2908145044_51563b3a42.jpg

2584430986_eab93ea955.jpg

It's a pessimal setup for sure.

It's a downdraft 2 barrel manifold with two worthless sidedrafts on a homemade looking adapter.

The Stromberg CD carburetor is, to put it bluntly, a piece of ****. And the installation is going to be a poor flowing nightmare that will condense all the gas out of the mixture every chance it gets.

If you want multiple carbs on a /6, three sidedrafts is the only way to go. Use ones smaller than you think you will need.

With SUs going for four hundred bucks plus apiece new, and Webers and Dellortos as much or more, an EFI setup would be cheaper if you can fabricate at all.

The big problem is the hokey manifold. I thought there was an Australian made manifold that would adapt 2 SU HS6's (or Stromberg 175CD's) in a more conventional side draft fashion.

The biggest problem with Zenith-Stromberg or SU carbs was the Lucas distributor.

The big problem is the hokey manifold. I thought there was an Australian made manifold that would adapt 2 SU HS6's (or Stromberg 175CD's) in a more conventional side draft fashion.

The biggest problem with Zenith-Stromberg or SU carbs was the Lucas distributor.

There are a couple of different Australian SU/Stromberg manifolds. I had one for a while that was intended for 3 SUs.

The one in the video in question is a Cain. I was under the impression that they were pretty decent. Memike seemed to think so. Of course, he sold his, so what does that say?

There are a couple of different Australian SU/Stromberg manifolds. I had one for a while that was intended for 3 SUs.

Here is my Australian Lynx triple SU manifold with a matched set of HIF6 SU rebuilt and matched internally for a big six. Our own Leanna did the work on the manifold. Rhys Kent of Island Automation did the work on the SUs.

Attachments

• intakes 007.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 541
Here is my Australian Lynx triple SU manifold with a matched set of HIF6 SU rebuilt and matched internally for a big six. Our own Leanna did the work on the manifold. Rhys Kent of Island Automation did the work on the SUs.

Now that makes a lot more sense. In fact, on the street it would probably be better then a Holley 390.

I am thinking 6 throttle bodies and multipoint injection would look real nice on a slant.

I love the adjectives!!! :-D (Ya'll got an extra Thanks button clicked too.) Personally though, I can't wait to see that intake with its beautiful SUs installed with the matching custom Offy valve cover. Any ideas on a target date Don?

I love the adjectives!!! :-D (Ya'll got an extra Thanks button clicked too.) Personally though, I can't wait to see that intake with its beautiful SUs installed with the matching custom Offy valve cover.

Any ideas on a target date Don?

That Offy valve cover will certainly compliment the Lynx or maybe the other way around! Target date: Not at the moment. Still trying to decide which of the 3 slant motors to use and what transmission to use (a 65 833, a 833OD or 904

Attachments

• car stuff 010.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 361
-
Back