Dual Feed Fuel Line Setup

-
The ptfe braided stuff, looks aside, is incredibly easy to use. Cutting the line and attaching a fitting takes a minute or two tops.
The push together stuff, I think that's what it's called, is a nightmare.

The ptfe braided stuff, looks aside, is incredibly easy to use. Cutting the line and attaching a fitting takes a minute or two tops.
The push together stuff, I think that's what it's called, is a nightmare.

I've used it. I hate it. lol What I may do is get some steel line straight sections, a brass fitting or two and make one myself. Tap the fitting for 1/8 for the fuel gauge where "I" want it and make it how I want it. That seems to be the only way to get quality.

Like this - without the tap.

Those Summit chrome carb fittings are nice pieces, and come in different degrees, these are the 45s.

20200918_002156.jpg

Not on the new ones it doesn't. Have you seen the newer generation from Holley? They are the thinnest, crappiest cheapest things you've ever seen. I had to be super careful with mine when I was installing it that I didn't bend or break it. I remember the old ones were thick as could be and you could barely bend them. These new ones, it's hard not to bend them. They are also crappily soldered together. Just junk. And what makes it worse, I HATE braided line and refuse to use that crappy lookin stuff.
I'll take your word for that and avoid them.
Last one I bought was a Mr Gasket. It was typical steel fuel line with chrome plating but nothing to write home about.
The flares weren't finished well and of course it was made you know where.

upload_2020-9-18_8-16-41.png

Comapre that to this used late 80s Holley non-chromed.
upload_2020-9-18_8-18-15.png

My suggestion for the OP was not to have a any soft line between the two bowls. Not braided, not anything. Less chance of leaks.

I'll take your word for that and avoid them.
Last one I bought was a Mr Gasket. It was typical steel fuel line with chrome plating but nothing to write home about.
The flares weren't finished well and of course it was made you know where.

View attachment 1715597119

Comapre that to this used late 80s Holley non-chromed.
View attachment 1715597120

My suggestion for the OP was not to have a any soft line between the two bowls. Not braided, not anything. Less chance of leaks.

That flare IS finished. You know why it's concave like that, instead of flat like it's supposed to be? Because the material it's made from is TOO THIN to take a double flare and mashes all to hell instead of finishing correctly. Yeah, I strongly suggest staying away from the Holley parts now. ......and mine was a bonafide Holley branded part. It's still on there, but I'm probably going to do something different before it fires up.

Last edited:
-
Back