Dual Master Conversion - Help!

-

cesibley

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed a million times, so sorry for the repeat. My car '64 Dart 270 is in the shop right now and we've determined that I really need to replace the "hard" brake lines. Seems that if I'm going to do this it is the right time to switch to a dual master. Will a '72 master fit my car? I assume so but want to make sure. Can anyone recommend a source for the lines and block to complete the conversion. Would prefer to go stainless lines if that is an option. Would appreciate any advice ASAP. Need to get the parts on order today! Thanks, Curt.

Yep. The 72 will work as will the 67 and up models. I have dealt with Inline and had good luck with them.

And, YES. it has been discussed a million times. Probably why no one has had any reply. Use the SEARCH function on this forum. Look in the BRAKES section. Literally tons of info on this. Dennis

Ditto, many posts. I used a later aluminum MC w/ 4-2 bolt adapter plate. Why would your brake tubes need replacing in SoCal? I bet most of the "surface rust" is just road gunk you can clean off w/ gasoline. You can re-use your existing distribution block (see my posts) or install a new 3/16" inv flare T. You could also use an MC that has 2 ports for the front and skip the T. If you plan front disks later, I suggest plumbing in a prop valve now on the rear tube.

Thanks guys, still finding my way around in this forum. I'll make better use of the search function. I could probably get away with the old lines, but they are showing signs of age. The nut at one of the front cylinders was rounded off by a previous owner, had to use vice grips to get it off. I could probably make due but decided to pull the trigger and replace them.

-
Back