Dual Master Cylinder Conversion All Drums

-

The Dart GT

1963 Dodge Dart GT Convertible
Reaction score
If I'm using all manual drum brakes, I think I should be able to run one line from the master cylinder direct to the rear brakes (which is then split to each wheel at the rear distribution block).

For the front brakes, I think I can run one line from the MC to a front distribution block which is then split to the left and right wheels.

I think I can use the original distribution block and obviously plug the rear hole (which I no longer need).

Is that it? This sounds too easy.

What dual master cylinder (brand or website) do I use?

Thanks for the support.

If I'm using all manual drum brakes, I think I should be able to run one line from the master cylinder direct to the rear brakes (which is then split to each wheel at the rear distribution block).

For the front brakes, I think I can run one line from the MC to a front distribution block which is then split to the left and right wheels.

I think I can use the original distribution block and obviously plug the rear hole (which I no longer need).

Is that it? This sounds too easy.

What dual master cylinder (brand or website) do I use?

Thanks for the support.

That's how my 63 was done, just recently. The master cylinder is Raybestos MC36221, from ebay. Replaced the original master with it, no problems according to the mechanic.

Yes. It's that easy. Run a new line to the stock tee. Block the port on the tee to the rear. Make a new line to the stock rear line. Bleed the system. You're done.

You can use ANY RWD master cylinder, 67 to at least the 90s.79+ needs the 2 to 4 bt adapter. You can use a disc MC with drums.

-
Back