Dual vice Single Pl

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Guys for a few years now I've been runing with a single Plenum (older streetmaster performer) 8-[ Would the newer Ederbrock performer "Dual plenum" give me more lower end torque for my 273? if so...any window idea's on the plus side from your past incounters.

Thanks

for a street machine I have found a dual plane works much better. Most single planes dont make torque until insane revs. The cast iron spread bore intake is very underated. It works very well on small blocks. If you want fuel economy with this intake...please dont laugh...but a Chebby Rochester works well and with minor linkage alterations, it bolts right on to the cast iron spread bore. We have strict fuel emission tests in Canada so I use to put the rochester on to lower fuel intake to past test...then reapply thermoquad to go out and kill the donor chevy...

Thanks Steve, well put...I have trouble spinning..forget roasting the tires on dry pavement. But like you stated...If a little damp and the revs are up she go's snake. I figured somethings wrong with what I have "including" the 391s that the stand still take off is below par. Time for a upgrade and see if theres a differance :)

Something to consider..the factory iron, and most aftermarket intakes are sized for 340/360 intake ports. You may want to snoop around the internet or swaps and score a 318/360 performer. It has the spreadbore pattern (great advice BTW there..) and the smaller 318 intake port size. I find them for under $100 US easy, because of the smaller port.

-
Back