-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
hey guys

I am about to swap my /6 with a 360
(the car is a 71 duster)

I am planning on using a skip white style HEI in cap single wire distributor

will the existing coil from the /6 work or do I need a different coil aswell ?

thanks guys

Are you talking about the distributor that has the coil in it? Sounds like it. Just throw the other coil in the trash. I have the large GM style cap Skip White distributor on the 351M in my F250. It works real good.

I was thinking of the smaller one, that still uses the external coil so I can run the tach wire from the negative side of the coil
(and I prefer the looks of a smaller cap)

but I will have to check out the one with the coil built in

You may not have the room for it, I don't know. I like the new Street master MSD knockoffs. They are actually nice now. Pro Comp got bought out and is under new management and seems to be producing decent quality now. They are the small cap, looks just like MSD, has the same type adjustable mechanical advance just like MSD that uses the same type bushings to adjust.

You may not have the room for it, I don't know. I like the new Street master MSD knockoffs. They are actually nice now. Pro Comp got bought out and is under new management and seems to be producing decent quality now. They are the small cap, looks just like MSD, has the same type adjustable mechanical advance just like MSD that uses the same type bushings to adjust.

this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Chrys...-on-/201259586620?hash=item2edc01943c&vxp=mtr

actually is a pretty nice distributor...

thanks for all the advise guys
I would really like to go with the distributors with the HEI module build in because it seems easier
(im pretty sure the /6 still had points so this should make the conversion easier)

-
Back