Dumb Comments

-
So I come out of the office of this body shop were I was getting an estimate to paint my cop steelies and some guy who worked there was looking at my LeBaron. As I'm walking up I expected this guy to say nice car or something like that. Instead this stupid looking MF looks up at me and in a stupid sounding voice says "that would make a good derby car". I said you would take a nice clean car like this and use it for a derby car. He said I bought one cleaner than that for 800 bucks and won three thousand with it. I can't tell you the rest of the story because it is mostly profanity on my part, but let's just say our conversation didn't last another 10 seconds, what a inbred ftard.

Attachments

• saal.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 323
I know this is an older comment but this frigging kid is killing me.....he is what, 17 years old??

LOL how are you doing Ink? havent heard from you in while. ive seen him post lately, the ban must have been lifted , i think he is 16 :D

Here's one I might have told before. At a car show some guy said to his friend, "Hey I remember that car, it used to be a purple Nova." My car is a '72 Demon. Go figure.

JUST READ THIS WHOLE THREAD and it occurred to me that a thread about dumb comments turned into self fulfilling prophecy of making dumb comments

I know, I look back on it as a humorous incident of miscommunication and some actions upon impulses, I agree with you about it :D

I know this is an older comment but this frigging kid is killing me.....he is what, 17 years old??

Who? :-k

Are you the original owner? Oh yes, I bought it new when I was five.

Lol, 70 Duster. "you the original owner?" I am. "But it doesn't look stock". I quess the roll cage, dana, 4 link, and coil-overs gave him the impression that I didn't buy it new. I did, my first new car at 18 years old. Paid for with my own $. Then hacked it up in the last 10 years.

lol educated types like us here on FABO know the cars were "Valiant Dusters" and "Dart Demons" :)

I was in the driveway and had my engine block on the stand and was honing the cylinders and two guys come up to me, one of them said, "Hey bud, working on the transmission today?" i gave him a stupid look and said, "no? the engine block" then he said, "oh, i used to be a mechanic in the army". good thing my dad came out into the garage cuz i had no idea what to say to the moron

My daughter and I have her 74 Challenger backed out of the garage working on it in the driveway. A guy stops and wants to know if the Camaros forsale......now mind you he is standing 2 feet away looking at the badge that says CHALLENGER. The other comment I have gotten twice by different people about my 73 Road Runner. Hey what happened to the big wing and pointy nose on your Road Runner... My car never had one, thats a 70 Superbird your thinking of... No my buddy had one of these brand new in highschool with the big wing and pointy nose your cars wrong or its not a real Road Runner :banghead:

On my way home I pulled up next to a CHRYSLER minivan which was in the left turn lane. I'm sitting there and the light for cross traffic is changing colors and the woman driving the minivan tells me my Dart is a "rusty pile of **** and that I "don't care about the environment". Never mind she had the green arrow and was sitting through it to talk ****, I was gobbsmacked because she was in another Mopar.:banghead:

Nova or No-va is a joke in Mexico because in spanish no va means "doesn't go" or "doesn't move" lmao

Most guys like to push buttons, I have. Even if they ask out of ignorance
I like to be polite. I don't take my hobbies too serious.

I did the "is that a nova" to some guy at a gas station. I though he was
gonna cry. lmao. If you can't take it, word gets around.

When I get asked if my Dart's a Nova, I have no problem with it. I start
talking cars. The BSer's get board with me. Well, everyone does, but
that's another post.

Shawn

If a Nova guy gets "is that a Duster comment", he should be happy that others think his car looks that good. (poor no-va guys)

The next time I see a Nova, I should ask, "Is that Duster?"
Although, the other day I was coming home from somewhere and I saw a 68 Chevelle and thought, "Damn, that looks a lot like Duster/Demon/Dart Sport from the door back. Tell me which is which if you don't look at the tail lights.

68chev53634-2.jpg

primed.jpg

Ignorance is bliss, ignorance can be fixed but stupid can't, beware or "repeat" askers/comments :D

See know young people today under 30 yrs old dont know about the old muscle cars and like there import cars where they put 20" rims on and cold are intake and says its modified. And 19GoldDuster74 kids in school are into their god awful Chevys and Fords and dont know about Mopars at all. And will say to put a Chevy BB in it and the 368! What was the kid thinking?!?!? And i am thinking you have a 74 Duster and why would you put a 340 Chevy in it. Dont listen to what they say. Just smile and think "what at dumb azz." And back to pishta I am i huge Plymouth guy and they havent been made since 01 and they are not to common to see. So young people will be stupid and not know what Plymouth is.

I'm 30 so I'm here to tell you....dead wrong about "all" of us. Some don't know anything but when it comes to Mopars, in the words of Skynyrd "I know a little".
*I have no desire to put big wheels on anything
*I can also tell you that a Duster Twister with ralley wheels, didn't come with trim rings.
*I can tell you that a 340 Duster never came with dual hood scoops from the factory either.
*I know that the first 383 was an rb (one year only) and then was switched to the b block.
*Six Barrel=Plymouth while Six Pack=Dodge
*In Violet for Plymouth and Plum Crazy for Dodge =Fc7
*Moulin Rouge for Plymouth and Panther Pink for a Dodge =FM3
I can go on and on...Expert ..no. Do I have knowledge??...yep...

I always get stereotypes of older people telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm to young. That pisses me off to no end. I drive a '65 Newport EVERYWHERE and I guess you could say that most people aren't smart
enough to keep a 47 year old car on the road. My backup car is not a Honda or a Toyota.

Any people wonder why the younger generations are into Imports???

On my way home I pulled up next to a CHRYSLER minivan which was in the left turn lane. I'm sitting there and the light for cross traffic is changing colors and the woman driving the minivan tells me my Dart is a "rusty pile of **** and that I "don't care about the environment". Never mind she had the green arrow and was sitting through it to talk ****, I was gobbsmacked because she was in another Mopar.:banghead:

You are keeping an old car on the road which is the sincerest form of recycling.
What has she done for the envoirment lately?? Besides getting fat and having multiple kids so that us working people can keep her up while she gets that big tax check at the first of the year...... so that she can keep up her meth habit??

All I ever get from folks at car show's/gas stations is = What year is it, Is it for sale.
Or I get this allot = My grandmother had on just like it, douse it have the slant six in it :D
I guess the 66 Valiant and back to 63 are unmistakable
and was used on mail routs allot around here is the words I hear...
I have many great hours talking as I pump gas :happy1:
I get this from my son!! We need to put my 360 in it :toothy8:
Not going to happen son :D

I get "We need to put nitrous in it" from mine

I have considered it, but Victoria is my daily driver and running a standard trans, that would eat my 7 1/4 rear end up if I raced it allot.

Attachments

• Picture%20222%20004.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 214
-
Back