Dumb flex plate question....

-

Raupleminze

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Going to mate the engine and trans together soon. Its a 360 and 727 and if I remember correctly you bolt the flex plate to the engine side before mating them and not to the torque converter right? Torque specs for bolting everything together?
Thanks in advance,
Brian

bolt the flexplate to back of the crank...

55 ft lbs for the crank to flexplate bolts...use locite..

drop the converter into the trans...make sure it is completely on...the hub engages the pump inside the trans...

bolt the trans to the back of the engine..

Hey guys,
Going to mate the engine and trans together soon. Its a 360 and 727 and if I remember correctly you bolt the flex plate to the engine side before mating them and not to the torque converter right? Torque specs for bolting everything together?
Thanks in advance,
Brian

Be sure you have the correct flex plate for the 360. It is different even though it will bolt up. Wrong flex plate equals a horrible vibration.

If you can bolt the flex plate to the converter 1st then to the crankshaft you may be the 1st person ever to do it!

Be sure you have the correct flex plate for the 360. It is different even though it will bolt up. Wrong flex plate equals a horrible vibration.

10-4

I did my homework on that months back and should have the correct one per the engine builder.

Thanks!

If you can bolt the flex plate to the converter 1st then to the crankshaft you may be the 1st person ever to do it!

HaHa, it had been awhile since i looked at everything and the car is at my brothers house so I couldn't just go outside and look at it. Once I was at his house and looked at it it became pretty obvious. i just figured i would ask in preparation.

Thanks

bolt the flexplate to back of the crank...

55 ft lbs for the crank to flexplate bolts...use locite..

drop the converter into the trans...make sure it is completely on...the hub engages the pump inside the trans...

bolt the trans to the back of the engine..

I found out that ARP bolts are actually 75 lbs per the instructions that came from ARP.

-
Back