Dumb question. Plug wire routing

-

cuda67

Reaction score
Please, don't beat me up too bad. I am having a slight issue that I can't get right.

I have a 1967 Barracuda. I replaced the 318 with a magnum 360 about a year and a half ago. It is a crate 360 magnum from Mopar. I used the 318 exhaust manifolds and there in lies my issue. I had to replace the Accel 8.8 wires about 10 days ago, the old ones were brittle. The problem is with #5 and 7 wire. I can't get them off the exhaust and I don't know which loom will work with the 318 exhaust manifold on the driver side. It is the exhaust and travels up before down and it leaves little to no room to move the wires. I tried the heat insulator boots but they don't help. I tried the fancy loom that attaches to the valve cover but they don't fit that driver side due to the high manifold. I am hoping that someone has used the exhaust manifolds and knows the answer. A picture or part number or anything would be appreciated. Thanks:banghead:

Mopars are easy. What I used to hate were the old Chivies with 'ram's horn' manifolds. They originally routed the wires down, alongside the engine, and up the back, "in all the grease."

corp_0708_07_z%2B1964_chevrolet_corvette%2B327_engine.jpg

What kind of valve covers are you running? the stock 67 & 68 valve covers had attaching points on top of the valve covers for them. they help keep the wires off of the exhaust. I've circled them in the picture. There were round "clamshells" that would snap around the wires and clip into the brackets that I circles. This would allow you to limit the slack for #5 & #7 wires.

View attachment 67 Cmndo A04 B2.jpg

What kind of valve covers are you running? the stock 67 & 68 valve covers had attaching points on top of the valve covers for them. they help keep the wires off of the exhaust. I've circled them in the picture. There were round "clamshells" that would snap around the wires and clip into the brackets that I circles. This would allow you to limit the slack for #5 & #7 wires.

View attachment 1714696626

I am running cast aluminum Mopar performance on a 2002 Magnum 360 with the 318 exhaust manifold. Those would not fit the magnum 360. Thanks

-
Back