Dust plugs for backing plates

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

Where can one order some of those little dust plugs that fit into the backing plates? I tried searching but can't find them, I need the for an 8 3/4. Thanks.

So do i. Sold all kinds.
I think i have a few in my stash. A guy gave me a card of them.

18 dollars buys a 10x2-1/2 rear brake hardware kit. Two plugs are included.
Dornan HW129

Not the adjuster plug the little round one the size of a dime...Probably why I'm having such a hard time trying to find one

Not the adjuster plug the little round one the size of a dime...Probably why I'm having such a hard time trying to find one

I got 3 sets of backing plates right in front of me.
The only hole l see about that size is where the.emergency / park brake cable goes through.

Any other hole is something someone has drilled in there.

MAYBE / POSSIBLY ..a pic of said hole would help ????

I got 3 sets of backing plates right in front of me.
The only hole l see about that size is where the.emergency / park brake cable goes through.

Any other hole is something someone has drilled in there.

MAYBE / POSSIBLY ..a pic of said hole would help ????
Brakes are from Mopar madness about 10 years ago and everything is just getting put together now...See the little bugger to your left? I need another one. :( Maybe I'll just get a big packet of plugs and get lucky with one the right size

48539608691_2ee71ec05a_b.jpg

Is that where the emergency brake cable goes in?

That is where e- brake cable goes thru.
Get ya one of those little chrome push in plugs the correct diameter , put ya a LITTLE black sillykone around it. Let it tack up for about 5 minutes and install.

Ah. Well that’s different.
There is usually a knockout there. Backing plates are universal for left/right.
Plug was knocked out at some point.

Ah. Well that’s different.
There is usually a knockout there. Backing plates are universal for left/right.
Plug was knocked out at some point.
Ok at least I know now why it was so hard to find...or not find what I was looking for lol. Nest time ..pictures first..sorry about that :)

-
Back