DUSTER 318 VS CUDA 340 clone

-
7 in favor to keep the cuda vs 6 for the duster ... im suprised seriously!!! much hard to debate that i thinked !!

If the Cuda is just going to sit and be a 10 year project I would say bye bye cuda, hello drivable Duster!

If the Cuda is just going to sit and be a 10 year project I would say bye bye cuda, hello drivable Duster!

x2, fully agree.
How much of work before you can have the Cuda on the street.

Its Going To Cost You A Fortune To Restore That E Body.
If You Dont Have The $$$$ To Do So,get The Duster.
Its Ready To Drive.

id keep the cuda. I think that if you fixed the cuda up a bit and sold it out right you could probably get a early 70's 340 duster in driver/show condition and still have money left over.

Do what you want to do! if its a nice driver you want and not a project car that will be expensive to restore take the Duster.....heck take the Duster just because its cooler than a cuda anyday! This is for A bodys only you know! :) Good luck with any choice you make.

trade and drive today,,,you never know what tomorrow will bring,,,,,FYI,,, if its truly a 67 318,,,it has all the good stuff in it,,273 forged crank,,,floating pistons all you would need is a nice mild cam,if not already done to wake it up,, but ide go for the duster,,it looks great,,,the cuda will be 10 years or more in the making unless u win the lotto,,,,and yes like stated above your lucky to have a girl intrested in your hobbby,,,,

I second the lucky to have your girl interested in the cars and hobby. My wife has her own Duster and it makes life so much easier

I'll bet the reserve is a lot more then 10k....

As for the original question i'd be leaning towards the duster although i'm not a fan of '73 and up a-bodies.. that cuda' is going to cost a bundle of money to restore....

Oh sure thy're you go throwing stones at the 73 and later crowd! :) Just kidding

If you are in Montreal.....you won't be driving any classics for the next 4 months or so any way.....so why not list the Cuda on Kijiji...pretty sure you'll get an easy 10-15 for it.....that would be plenty to buy another driver...if you know whereto look.

I'm just misunderstood..lol...hows your motor doing??...

Ughh! At the end of the year i wacked the throttle when it was a little cold and immediately aquired a new engine noise that i couldnt run down before the cold cold weather set in. Its really funny cause it sounds like a loose heat shield on a cat converter...cept i dont have a cat converter! LOL

thx ! for sure its a pleasure to have a girlfriend who love muscle cars that much , when she saw the cuda 3 years ago she was counting her money to buy it , she add 7 500 $ cash at 16/17 years old ! , i mean she was capable of waiting maybe now with her job she could add reach maybe 15 -20 k 3 years later .. and now with her father who died ( was a welder / bodyman ) and lookin at it quickly im the only familly that shes as.. so not to bring this thread sad but , i just want her to be happy and enjoy life .. not work 24 / 7 m and knowing that your dream car is waiting for you but you ll never find the money or time to fix it !

thats why i opted for another car ... a mopar of course !

hey guys. Im new 2 this site but been MOPAR all my life. As an Abody guy i wanna know how that cuda clone is worth more than a Very nice running duster. It needs paint interior ect. ect. It just blows my mind how bad us abody people are looked down 2. I love ALL mopars. Had a cuda (71 340 4speed w shaker) 70 rr.(383 4sp air g hood)2 chargers (70 & 68) all gone 4 another project. TRADE buddy and go 4 a drive 2 day. :snakeman:

I agree with doogster, advertise the cuda for sale, for whatever reason its more desirable and guys will spend $$$ to get one, no matter what the condition. Its the middle of winter, I dont think the duster is going anywhere. Sell the cuda and shop around. The duster is clean though.

Trade a project cuda for a turn key Duster??? I would go for it. If you do not have the funds, skill, or time to do a project, then don't kid yourself. She will be happier driving a duster around than staring at a cuda in the garage... I would

i saw the car this morning ,, and the car is verry nice , sure the car is not 100 % but the paint is verry respectable , its truly a *driver* a car to have fun , but still ,, the engine sounds good , a fine tuning is necessary and some few verry minor things needs to be repared , cluster , the kick down for the tranny , needs some headers or new manifolds , oil pan leaks a bit , the seats needs new year one seat covers ,but all around the glasses are verry clean , windshield ..as a sound system , a 77 volare differential , and like i said before a 230 hp 68/69 318 with a double exhaust system ..the car as bondo for sure .. but its nothing huge : he said that he rebuilted himself the rear frame rails ,, but everything in the back seems normal , clean suspension system .. engine is healthy and start verry well ..this guy saved the car .. cause nobody wanted to buy it , it was a verry huge project car : and it finally turned good not to forget that the hafl of the car as ben sandblasted and new sheet metal was welded .. the most important thing is that my girlfriend liked it , but will have a tear to her eye when the cuda will go , cause if she had the money she would keep it , but as i understand she will appreciate the fact that shes as verry few bucks to put on this car to make it 100 % summer daily driver car i think that less than 1 000 $ will be ok to fix every minor things ..

the cars as :

-a big new radiator
-new edelbrock torquer 340 intake manifold
-new rear frame rails
-new quarter panels
-new headliner
-new paint
-floors redone
-new tires and new cragars wheels

i was not capable of taking nice pictures cause the tempo shelter was so small and it was impossible to have a great angle for the camera .

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

DSC03058.jpg

DSC03062.jpg

DSC03063.jpg

you said it needs kick down linkage repair ??? if it is not hooked up properly or at all DO NOT DRIVE IT,,, you will burn up the tranny in less then 1 mile,,,

-
Back