Duster bumper swap

-

spence340

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to swap a 75 Duster bumper with a 73 Duster? The bolt holes etc. are different on the 75 because of the 5 mph bumper set up but I didn't know if there is some way around this with bracket changes or modifications. Also, will a 73 Dart bumper fit a Duster of the same year?

I could be wrong, it has happend before, but I thought they were the same. My brother has a 75 Duster and I have a 74 Scamp and the bumpers are the same. And I know that my will swap with the 73. The only difference should be the brackets because the one on my car is tight the the front and my brothers has a cross member/spacer bracket between the bumper and the lower grille area. My car had those big nasty bumper guards on the front and rear. All I had to do was remove them and replace with the bumper bolts.

But like I said I could be wrong.

I could be wrong, it has happend before, but I thought they were the same. My brother has a 75 Duster and I have a 74 Scamp and the bumpers are the same. And I know that my will swap with the 73. The only difference should be the brackets because the one on my car is tight the the front and my brothers has a cross member/spacer bracket between the bumper and the lower grille area. My car had those big nasty bumper guards on the front and rear. All I had to do was remove them and replace with the bumper bolts.

But like I said I could be wrong.

I'd have to agree with you; I think the '73 thru '76 front bumpers were the same on the Plymouth A bodies. '73 was the first year for the 5mph bumper and the rear bumper didn't need to be 5mph safe until '74. So unless your changing the rear bumper from a '75 to a '73 Duster, the fronts *should* be the same.

Can you post pics of the two bumpers spence340?

Well I actually took the front bumper off the 75 and put it in front of the 73 and it looked like their was no way it would go. Now I know the sheet metal on my 73 was replaced at one time and maybe it is 70 t0 72 parts. The grille and hood are definetly 73. Any thoughts?

-
Back