Duster cowl vents

-

MoparGuy1970

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was wondering how to get inside my cowl area to clean the tree leafs & dirt packed in there. I keep my gold Duster in top cleaned condition except for the stuff I can't get to in the cowl that's stopped up the vent drain holes for water. Is there a way to get inside to clean it all out it seems built in with drain holes on each side of the car under the hood. I have a 70' chevelle that has a screen over it that I can take off to clean inside but not the duster, vacuuming doesn't help. I'm sure others have wondered this also any help on this would be much appreciated, sorry for the paragraph of text.

Attachments

• IMG_20160307_134854873.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20160326_180854049.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 90
On either end of the cowl there are holes for cleaning out (near the hood hinges). The holes are actually drain holes but if you get some long pieces of wire and poke the wire into the holes you can break up all that gunk and eventually get it all out. I also use an air gun to blow air into the top vents to help force any loose particles out after you get the drain holes unplugged. Once you get most of it cleaned out you can flush the area with water to get it good and clean.

treblig

Attachments

• DSC05913.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC05915.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 86
-
Back