Duster dash pad

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are not doing a total restoration & building a nice drive the dash caps look great & it's tough to beat the price

If you are not doing a total restoration & building a nice drive the dash caps look great & it's tough to beat the price
Agreed, dash caps can be a great alternative. Be careful to properly clean the original surface that the cap will adhere to during installation. Also, try to avoid continued exposure to sunlight after installation. The caps are plastic and tend to separate from the original surface if left in extreme sunlight for prolonged periods of time. I have one in the box that will fit 67 - 69 Darts. Not sure if it will work for other applications.

Agreed, dash caps can be a great alternative. Be careful to properly clean the original surface that the cap will adhere to during installation. Also, try to avoid continued exposure to sunlight after installation. The caps are plastic and tend to separate from the original surface if left in extreme sunlight for prolonged periods of time. I have one in the box that will fit 67 - 69 Darts. Not sure if it will work for other applications.
If you Can, find out about the one you have.If you are interested in selling I'd be in the market. I've decided to do the cap.So If it won't fit my 70 Duster,No problem I'll order one.
Thanks.

i just bought a dash cap for my 1972 swinger, i bought it from 1aauto.com for the cheapest lookes pretty good, and it seemed like you could get different colors then black!. i have not installed it yet, doesnt seem too hard, but waiting on warmer weather.

About $80.00 for the cap and shipping on that right? I'm getting ready to order one for our '74 Duster.

I picked this up today and it is very nice. I won't give it away, they are to hard to come by. Make me an offer.

A-BODY PAD.jpg

A-BODY PAD-1.jpg

A-BODY PAD-2.jpg

A-BODY PAD-3.jpg

Just ordered one from 1A Auto, $81.95 shipped in Black, will pass along how it goes putting it on and how it looks.

The hard shell covers look fine. I put one in our 1st 67 many years ago. It seemed to be a nearly unbreakable plastic. Dying wasn't cheap since black wont dye red without going through a neutral (beige) coat first.
Personally, I expect to spend a few hundred having the cap restored for my ragtop project car. I will most lilely throw a cap over it too, just to protect my investment.

If you chose to go the dash pad route, I know that you can get a new pad from Harden's Muscle Car World. I bought one from them a few years ago and put it on the wife's Swinger. If interested you can see what those look like by checking out pictures of her car in my photo gallery here at FABO. Decent, but not an exact replacement. Re-Pops of anything seldom are... Current cost is $289 each. Just FYI.

Ray

Got our dash cap in on Wednesday the 12th, 5 day turnaround. Looks good. Just waiting for the weather to turn and do a few more interior mods before installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back