Duster Dream

-

LowDart

BR-Dodge
Reaction score
After seen so many Duster's on this site i got to have a Duster!!I've been dreaming with a duster in my garage for a long time,now i'm seriusly thinking on bring a Duster to Brasil.There's no Duster's for sale here so if i realy want to have one i'll have to import one :angry4: so..I was talking with a guy that work with this and Found a Duster(v8 318-manual) on E-bay for US$3.000 to make sure of how much would it cost to bring him(tax,shipping ,etc..).I'm Happy to know that the car would cost me almost the same price that my Dart can be sold here and it takes 2months on a ship to get here.I dont want to sell my Dart but the price is fair!So..Maybe in a few Months my garage will have a New toy!!What you Guys think of That?!Am i getting insane?

The Dart & me3.jpg

Why not have what you really want, but you know what you have now. Be very careful about buying a car you have not looked at up close and inspected thoroughly. Pictures can hide a lot of problems. Maybe you can get someone nearby where the car is to check it out for before you commit to buy. Mike

Yeah i know.I had that experience before!I made trip to buy a car for a friend
on Jan/07 .We had seen some cars by the internet and they looked nice on the pict,but when we got there wasn't that good and we drived all the way back to Rio without a car after driving for about 7Hrs!This guy have someone there to check the car before close the deal.I know it's a US$3.000 car and i'll need some work on him for sure,but i don't want a piece of rust 4 sure 2!Thanks mike.Maybe if the car is near someone from here(F.A.B.O) ,i can find someone to have a look on him for me!!100 bucks for it.what do you think?

Insane, nooooooo, bitten by the (Duster) bug, Yessssssssss!

Thank's varmintjcl!I'll remenber that. Duster bug ..Hmmm ,Well ,I guess we're All a bit insane here!!heheh:burnout:

Nothing insane about that i have 2 Dusters myself! 71 about half restored and a 72 /6 that i use as my driver.

Yeah,But i'm buying a car without see it with my own eyes ,can't look closer!!I live in Brasil EvilScamp. Did you bought your car overseas?!!!That's why i asked if am i getting insane.

well, if its around my area, i'll have a look at it for ya, but i doubt it will be, minnesota cars tend to get a little rusty.

The guy that bought my 70 Cuda had it shipped to Aruba. Bet theres not many of them there.

I'm sure there are many of us out here that would take a look at your Duster for free. I'm in New England, what part of the country is the car located?

I picked up a Duster this year, sight unseen. I had some dissapointments, but it turned out to be a fairly rust free car. Located a front clip with 2 good doors for $400, and now a have an excellent project waiting in the wings. You may not have access to parts like we in the states do, so I would try to get someone to look at any prospect. Good luck: Howard

My dream has always been a Duster, however, my wife bought one for her...
I still dreaming about a Duster...

Don't worry, we have brought cars to Finland, it takes about four months...

Nuts? Yes! But it is worth it!

Thank's everybody!I hope everything goes Ok,and soon i'll be asking for someone of you to help me with my new Duster.

If you guys find a Duster for less than US$3.000 with a good bodie ,please let me know.Thanks
The Day of the Duster is getting closer!!!!

Be glad to help you out LowDart. I am in Kentucky but can travel to Ohio, Tenn. , Indiana if needed. Good luck, Terry.

Time to make money!Hope that by the end of this year i'll be ready to bring my Duster!Thank's everybody!I'm gonna need that help.

I just found this thread. Have one of the members near me come to checkl out my '76 Duster for you. I've met Rumblefish360 before, but he's not very close to me. 1973swinger has the 8 1/4 out from under this Duster. Ask him about the body.
Mike

-
Back