duster hood scoop

-

duster731

young gun
Reaction score
I found a company called vfn and they sell the snorkel hood scoop for 110 does anyone have this from them would it be good quality and does it actually work (forces air ) and if so do you have any pics thanks here's a link click parts catalog and scroll down then click factory scoops and scroll down you will see the dual snorkel scoop

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

That link is just to the sites home page. Try to post up a link to the actual scoop or cpoy and paste it/copy to a folder and post it.

A scoop is not so much designed for the octane of fuel, but for ethier a look or actual performance level intended. As in it actualy works forcing air/catching air for the carb. Protecting the carb due to it's height/covering the carb from the weather and police eyes.

Interesting thanks for the info I've been looking for one and want looks only on the cheap
if you go to their website and go to the bottom of the page FACTORY STYLE SCOOPS
that's where you'll find it

Ya I found this website in another post lol and sorry I do all of my posting from my phone and I can't upload pics and I tried twice to copy the link from the page the scoop is on but I get the homepage instead

Has anyone put a repop fiberglass snorkel scoop on a 73 and up duster if so what are the measurements and material required to do this on a stock 73 duster hood

Is it here????

Attachments

• Dart Sport scoop.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 998
  • scoop 2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,883
No the one I'm talking about is the factory dual snorkel hood scoop from darts and demons its on that website I posted all you do is click parts catalog and then scroll down and click factory scoops then scroll down and you will see the snorkel hood scoop I will post pics later. Thanks for the help

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here it is![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]S711 Dual Opening "A" Body Scoop.Bolt On Price=110.00 .3-1/2" x 19"W x 37"Long. Weight=5 Ship: UPS Items. [/FONT]Quantity: Check out now
abodyscoop2.JPG
abodyscoop.JPG

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]S606 [/FONT]

If it looks as good in person, it's worth it. Paid over 260 bucks for mine
and the quality was horrible.
Took alot of work to look good.
Got it from that company in Canada, can't remember the name.
Nothing against you guys from up north.

Attachments

• Kaukauna may 2009 019.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,452
If it bolts on like the originals I think all you should need to do is drill the holes in the hood & run the nuts up from the bottom. The one I bought from Mopar back around 1976 had studs sticking out of the bottom & was contoured to fit the factory hoods. I was also able to bolt it onto my 64 Barracuda with very little trouble.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here it is![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]S711 Dual Opening "A" Body Scoop.Bolt On Price=110.00 .3-1/2" x 19"W x 37"Long. Weight=5 Ship: UPS Items. [/FONT]Quantity: Check out now
abodyscoop2.JPG
abodyscoop.JPG

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]S606 [/FONT]

You are the man.... would I also need to cut too circle holes and get the gaskets or is this one just for looks...

I think the circle holes are for the two separate scoops. You can cut any kind of hole you see fit in the hood and cover it with the scoop. I just cut out an area that was open in the under hood bracing.

I have a stock '72 Demon 340 hood thats made for this style scoop and it has the 2 holes.

-
Back