Duster jacket complaints

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
First, to the buyer, Thank you. I shipped it out today via usps. I lost your # so please call and I'll get you the tracking #.
Second, to the Whiners. I know this isn't craigslist, so please don't waste my time. If you didn't get a shipping quote, it's because someone already bought the jacket, while you were thinking about it. Should I send out 50 shipping quotes for something after it's sold, or sit and send pm's to everyone to tell them it's sold? That's what the thread is for. I had several offers over 100 dollars after it was sold and had to say "sorry it's sold". Did you think you were the only ones who wanted it?
Third, I think it's lame that you would make those comments on my thread when the "rules" say no commentary on for sale items. Being "Gold Members" I thought you would know that. I have missed out on much bigger items over the years because I didn't act fast enough. Not once did I smear the seller because he sold it before I was ready.

If the jacket was sold, then simply post that it was sold. There is no reason to ask someone for their name and address as you asked me for the shipping quote if it had been sold. When you asked for my address i assumed that it was sold to me. Your post said "I think it is sold" which i assumed was me, since you asked for my address. I also had to reach out to you twice to see if you recieved the PM with my address and the second PM i sent is when you posted it was sold. You had a price set and did not say anything about a bidding war. I don't care if you sold it, good for you, but better communication would be nice.

It was not a bidding war. I sold it for the asking price. Why are you still complaining? Reread the start of this thread. Many people interested at the same time. It was sold before I could get you a shipping quote. The guy who bought it had no hesitation. He wanted it period.

Not once did I smear the seller because he sold it before I was ready.

I was watching that thread and I don't think this was the case. It was the communication IN the thread, or lack thereof in this case, if you had a pending sale then you probably should have posted that. Common courtesy/sense goes a long way to alleviate such issues.

I'm sorry you think my communication was lacking. I did mention I thought it was sold. I also said when it sold. I work 6 days a week, and not in front of a computer. I don't have the time to post over 10,000 times in 3.5 years. I would hope that "common courtesty/sense" would get that. I have been on other car sites for several years, and have not seen a fraction of the "stuff" I've seen here in a very short time.

I'm sorry you think my communication was lacking. I did mention I thought it was sold.

No need to get defensive, I'm just pointing out where the confusion may have come from. Usually when someone has an offer they will post sale pending, in a post, in the thread, that way anyone else who sees it will know they aren't first in line and will usually respond 2nd in line or next and so forth and so on. It just helps to alleviate what you experienced.

And I too work sometimes 7 days a week, and my job keeps me away from home up to 5 days a week most weeks. Not sure where my post count comes into play here. :D

You need to learn how to comunicate.
If you think it is sold, post "SALE PENDING".
Shipping quotes are easy, all you need is a zipcode & go to the internet to locate shippers.
When an item is sold, the thread can be marked "SOLD".
Basicly, your doing it wrong.

When you communicated with me, I thought you were DEALING with me and we had a conversation going on..If I thought you were going to sell it to the first person who flashed the cash i would not have bothered contacting you...

At FABO, you deal with the first person who contacts you. If it fall through, then you deal with the second person you that contacted you..not a hard thing to do..when sold or pending..post it..all the people who want to buy will be following the thread,,, this is NOT a craigs list where you can screw with someone and stay anonymous.. and quite frankly, I have bought from many FABO members without complaint.

You have not made a good impression here if so many are talking about their bad experience with this one item..gold member or not...sleazy selling tactics are not tolerated on the board...

This is one of the reasons new member ought to have to live on the board abit before they start selling things..I see too many posts of "new" members with one post selling cars and stuff....they need to see how this board rolls and the trust between members....or even if they like the board..

Heck, I don't even know if this guy owns a mopar or even likes them.

On another board I was on...if you didn't introduce yourself as a new member, you weren't allowed to post..

Did you sell the thing? If so, what's the problem? Why start a senseless thread that will just end up escalating and getting locked? More work for the mods. The thing sold. You got money. Somebody got a jacket. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back