Duster radiator in Barracuda?

-

Woodys_Cuda

Ontario, Canada
Reaction score
The 408 is in the car. I'm not sure what radiator the PO put in there, its not the stock rad. It needs to be replaced

Will a 76 Duster 360 rad fit in the 69 Cuda? It seems like my best option.

thanks.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to use a factory fan shroud, with a new radiator. It would be a crapshoot with the current radiator because I have no idea what it's out of. It's not mounted on the stock factory mounting points (originally a 318 car).

Later model radiater will not mount to the original holes. The original radiater was 22 inches wide. Later is 26 or 28 (I forget). Common practice is to use that radiater with or without its shroud and expand the window/opening to increase air flow.

Later model radiater will not mount to the original holes. The original radiater was 22 inches wide. Later is 26 or 28 (I forget). Common practice is to use that radiater with or without its shroud and expand the window/opening to increase air flow.

Thanks!

Yes it is 26" wide. It's tall, a tight fit, as the rad cap has scuffed under the bottom of the hood. I don't want to spend 500 for a rad when I can get a new 70's rad for under 300.

If you have a late model water pump that has the lower hose on the passenger side a Heavy Duty-AC 318/340 radiator for a 72 Dart will drop write in, I got mine for bout $170 from Advance Auto. This is a 22" radiator and it cools my 360 in temps up to 100 degrees ambient idling in traffic. It will have mounts for a shroud. I have not found a stock v8 shroud in the bone yard to date but see early 70's \6 AC Darts and Valiants with shrouds quite often. The \6 shroud works if you mount it upside down and elongate the lower mounting holes (top) on the shroud. I have mine set up that way. I'm also using a parts store thermal fan clutch for the 72 Dart and a 17" diameter fan from a early 80's mid size GM v6 (I believe I got mine from a Cutlass or Regal).

If you have a late model water pump that has the lower hose on the passenger side a Heavy Duty-AC 318/340 radiator for a 72 Dart will drop write in, I got mine for bout $170 from Advance Auto. This is a 22" radiator and it cools my 360 in temps up to 100 degrees ambient idling in traffic. It will have mounts for a shroud. I have not found a stock v8 shroud in the bone yard to date but see early 70's \6 AC Darts and Valiants with shrouds quite often. The \6 shroud works if you mount it upside down and elongate the lower mounting holes (top) on the shroud. I have mine set up that way. I'm also using a parts store thermal fan clutch for the 72 Dart and a 17" diameter fan from a early 80's mid size GM v6 (I believe I got mine from a Cutlass or Regal).

Thanks!

Yes, I have a later model water pump. Great info from you guys, as usual.

A shroud for a 22 inch is rare. Theres a bunch of repops floating around that warp and hit fan when they get hot.

-
Back