Duster radiator over flow reservoir

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Im looking for a Duster radiator over flow reservoir want to find a complete one and clean if you have one let me know how much you want for it i have an after market one now but dont like it

Attachments

• overflowjug.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 241
There is a thumb-sized nub on the bottom of the factory bottles.
72 and older A-Bodys require a hole drilled in the top of the frame rail for it to fit. Otherwise you can not attach the brackets in the rad. yoke.
You will also need a double-gasketed rad. cap made for cars with overflow tanks, otherwise the overflow system will not suck excess coolant back into the rad as it cools.

The one I have has a plastic point at bottom that sticks in bottom frame rail is complete.Trying to find my camera.But not sure where I left it,Kevin.

It will work on the '71 but as yellowdartdave mentioned earlier, you will need to drill a hole in the frame rail so that the plastic point on the bottom of the recovery tank can fit down into it.

I've got an original here puled from the 73 Valiant. Cap, hoses, upper mounting bracket, included.
It holds coolant but it aint pretty.
The plastic discolors with age.

Unless you find an NOS one (read BIG BUCKS) you will have a hard time finding a clean used one. These things are 35+ years old and have been in engine compartments that long. Not sure what sort of show car you're building but a 71 would not have come stock with an overflow bottle anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back