Duster rear end

-

Duster2022!

Reaction score
Do I unbolt rear shocks first or the leaf springs from shackles first in order to remove rear end from my Duster. I know I need to put jack under axle housing not sure if there is tension on leaf springs to get hurt from?

Assuming you have car on jackstands, and assuming you can control the rear axle with a jack, I would loosen shackles but not remove, then remove shocks, then remove U bolts. Axle weight will be on springs. Relieve axle weight from springs, and you can see this as now axle should be free. Then carefully remove each shackle. If you have spare blocking or concrete blocks, "loosely" support under springs will prevent bad surprises

If you have to ask…. Maybe leave this one to a professional. Too many things to go wrong if you cannot understand how this repair works.
I don’t want to see you get hurt.
Syleng1

My father was killed under a car. I would not want to be a part of your demise. Cars are heavy and even lifts are dangerous to those with little experience. Get someone to help you who has experience and can show you first hand what to do safely

-
Back