Duster sagging

-

74/6

Reaction score
Hi

Just like all old girls my '74 Duster is starting to sag in the rear. Don't want to replace the rear springs...it's not that bad. What would you suggest and why? Air shocks or coil over to bring it back up again.

Thanks

Steve

The springs are bad and getting worse day by day. Better off replaceing them.

Air shocks are not the best idea, coil overs are way more expensive than new springs. I bet if you look arond a auto part store, you'll find long shackles. You can do those. Cheap and easier to do than add a leaf, which actually isn't a bad idea, just more labor invloved and sucks to do just as bad as the shackles.

You Would Be Better Off To Install New Springs, But If U R Looking To Level Up Stance Quick And Cheap Put Air Shocks With Seperate Lines To Each Shock So U Can Level Ride. I Know There Are Some Out There That Are Crappin Their Pants About Air Shocks And Not To Use Them But I 've Used Them On Cars And Trucks Everday Drivers And Once On A 71 Dart 318 Car That Ran 13.46 . So Do What U Can Afford At The Moment But Make It Look Good.....just Dont Put Traction Bars Painted Yellow On It....lmao

-
Back