duster sail panel?

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
will 70-72 metal sail interior panels interchange with the 73-76 plastic ones. the plastic ones in my 74 are broke and I would prefer metal ones anyway. anyone see a problem with finding an earlier set for my duster?

I put a set of metal ones out of a 72 Demon in my 75 duster. It has been a long time ago but I think I allso had to use the 72's 1/4 glass and windo latch as well.

Burnt is correct, the window has the latch and hole in a different place.... I used 72 glass as a window tint template for my 73...went to install the tint...didn't fit...CRAP!
I have a set of metal sails, I'll have to look at the latch area, but I'm sure they have a different profile at the back where it meets the rear window.

Do you have a pic of the windows that are in your car now?

Never did get a very good pic of tem in the car. They are out now as I am going with Lexan. Here is the only pic I have of them in. Sorry it is not a very good one.

Attachments

• duster.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 332
Never did get a very good pic of tem in the car. They are out now as I am going with Lexan. Here is the only pic I have of them in. Sorry it is not a very good one.

Thanks for the picture. Do the 70-72 windows fit in the front the same as the 73-76 or do you have the get the whole assembly?

Are you just replacing the glass and putting the lexan in its place and leaving everything else the same?

Thanks for the picture. Do the 70-72 windows fit in the front the same as the 73-76 or do you have the get the whole assembly?

The front door glass is different and so is the window tracks. What I did was use a set of doors off of a 70-72. They will bolt right up and use the same door hinges. You need to change out the upper window track and wetherstriping though or the windows will have gaps everywhere.

Are you just replacing the glass and putting the lexan in its place and leaving everything else the same?

No it is going to be a drag car so she is getting the full tretment.

The front door glass is different and so is the window tracks. What I did was use a set of doors off of a 70-72. They will bolt right up and use the same door hinges. You need to change out the upper window track and wetherstriping though or the windows will have gaps everywhere.

No it is going to be a drag car so she is getting the full tretment.

Cool.

For the quarter windows, did you replace the whole assembly? Seems like that is what would need to be done since the latch is riveted to the metal that goes around the window.

Cool.

For the quarter windows, did you replace the whole assembly? Seems like that is what would need to be done since the latch is riveted to the metal that goes around the window.

Yes I had a 72 Demon parts car I used to change every thing over with.

-
Back