Duster Shorty

-
I might drive it around a retirement community (with a new paint job), but not on the highway. Nope. Don't think so. (I'll bet it pops GREAT wheelies!!!)
:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

i have seen it in person. it was at carlisle a couple of years ago. it is a 20 footer at best......that is all i am going to say about it.

i have seen it in person. it was at carlisle a couple of years ago. it is a 20 footer at best......that is all i am going to say about it.

I'm not sure if I believe their story on the history on it, drivers inner fender is awful bent up and the core support is cut. Not that it really matters with something like this.....

I think that it is cool as hell 20 footer or not BUT Look at the last pic!!!!!!!! If that is all that is holding the "frame" together it needs some work.

Thats the retro style of electric cars to come LOL
Looks better than this thing...

CIRCUIT 01.JPG

Shoulda moved the rear wheels about 1 foot farther back

Yeah I remember looking at that at carlisle...it really is kinda ratty. You can't say that it isn't unique though. That would be annoying to get in and out...

The way they built it into a shortie is total crap I will agree with you there but shorties can and have been done right and still look cool. There are a few shortened tri five chevies around Seattle that would blow the doors off a lot of restored hemi cars.

Here are 2 shorties that were at a show last year.

100_2074.jpg

100_2236.jpg

100_2237.jpg

100_2242.jpg

100_2241.jpg

This is a 56 Alfa Romeo that was T-boned. My dad and some buddies saved it from getting crushed, shortened it in the middle, dropped in a slant six hooked to a Avanti 4 speed and a Jeep rear end with Hillborn injection.
It was featured in the October 1963 issue of Northwest Rod News.

alfa.jpg

I've seen that Duster several time on different sites. From what I have read it was modified in the 70's and was a show car. The paint job is the same one it's had since it was customized.

360Scamp, this may be a dump question but what's the blue wagon? I like it.

-
Back