duster side window moldings

-

zeebeeone

Reaction score
I have a 1970 340 duster that has chrome moldings at the outside, bottom of the side windows. Approximately 1/2" x 1/2".
The door & body has holes for attaching clips that are close to a 1/4".
I haven't ever seen another one like it or even a photo of one with this lower window trim.
Does anyone know if this correct for this car or has someone switched the vin & finder tag on this body ?

I have a 1970 340 duster that has chrome moldings at the outside, bottom of the side windows. Approximately 1/2" x 1/2".
I haven't ever seen another one like it or even a photo of one with this lower window trim.
Does anyone know if this correct for this car or has someone switched the vin & finder tag on this body ?
I have seen some Dodge Demons with that chrome molding, but not a Duster. Definitely possible, however.

Could you post pics? I'd like to see it

Could you post pics? I'd like to see it
Thanks for the input guys.
I have the moldings off the car now & am trying to decide if I want them on the car or weld up the holes.
I have done the major body work & am ready to sand it down for new paint.
I am wondering if the car is worth more with or without them.
The stock color is orange/vitamin c with black stripes.
I have never seen a 340,4 speed,bucket seat car with this trim package.
It's strange to have all the chrome but no AC,power brakes or steering.

Part of a high trim package.
I have the door strips for $20 each, but not the quarter pieces
I already have the moldings & have decided to put them back on the car (as sold).
I haven't found the attachment clips nor do I know what they look like for sure .
Does any one know where I can get the mounting clips ?

I've got some pictures on my home computer, I'll post them up in a bit. I think most of them are on Demons but there may be a Duster in there. I have pictures of the clips as well. There aren't a ton of cars with that option, I did a lot of looking to find the pictures I had. I managed to track down a set for my car to add the trim to it, I think it looks great especially on darker color cars.

Here are the clips
IMG_4264.JPG

IMG_4265.JPG

Couple of pictures of it on a Demon from the 'net
72demon340-3-copy-jpg.jpg

72demon340-1-copy-jpg.jpg

Few more closer up
demon 004 (1280x960) copy.jpg

demon 003 (1280x960) copy.jpg

demon 002 (1280x960) copy.jpg

Thank you for the information & photos.
I do like the look of the trim as shown in your photos.
Are the clips glued to the trim or just a tight fit.
I haven found mine & I think they came with the car loose in the trunk.

Thank you for the information & photos.
I do like the look of the trim as shown in your photos.
Are the clips glued to the trim or just a tight fit.
I haven found mine & I think they came with the car loose in the trunk.

Just a tight fit. They slide back/forth in the trim so you can center them with the holes in the body

The trim is called belt molding and I believe that it is fairly uncommon to see it on a Duster. If the car was "born" with the trim, I would definitely put it back on.

-
Back