Duster Title

-
Because a french nazi wrote it up.

Now if it said Valiant (without the "e"), then it's because you have a Valiant Duster, just like I do. What year is your car? 1970 actually had Valiant badges on the fenders.

Honestly, I didn't really answer the question. Yes, the car was derived from the Valiant, technically a sub-model. Noone really refers to them that way, though. I know that when I go to Napa for a part, I have to tell them Valiant, not Duster. They simply don't have a listing for it. I'm supposing the same thing was the case at one time with the state in which your '74 was originally titled. Heck, my state, CT, doesn't (or at least didn't last time I tried) recognize Silver as a color (they put grey) or SUV as a bodystyle (they put station wagon). That's DMV for you. I'm not really sure of the specific reason your car was titled that way, but it's understandable. The Duster and Scamp are variations on the Valiant, just like the GTX is a variation of Belvedere. Or a GTI a variation of Golf.

Because the dum masses that type info in to the data base are ignorant; Ask for Duster parts at a parts store, or even a dealer anymore- listed as a Valiant(which it is), but people typing into computer have NO CLUE about cars. Or parts, or how anything works. All they know is(almost) is how to use a keyboard.

Your lucky it says Valiant! Our DMV just puts Ply as the brand and CP (coupe) as body style. They don't even have a model heading. I even have one Barracuda with a SED (sedan) designation! Typical DMV ignorance.

The first digit of the VIN is V for Valiant. Scamp & Duster are Valiant model names.

Your lucky it says Valiant! Our DMV just puts Ply as the brand and CP (coupe) as body style. They don't even have a model heading. I even have one Barracuda with a SED (sedan) designation! Typical DMV ignorance.

My '65 Formula S Barracuda is listed as a sedan on the title too, I mentioned it at the title place and they said I'd have to pay again to have it corrected, since Penndot works on a "if we f' it up, you have to pay to correct our own mistakes' basis.

Or the time Penndot sent me a blank registration card for my truck (totally blank, just my name on it. no vin, make/model, nothing) That was after the temporary tags expired. See when you buy a vehicle here in PA, you get a Temp Registration that's good for 3 months, and you replace the Temp with your new Tag when it arrives.

My temp registration on the truck expired and it took another 3 months before I got my Tag :protest: :violent1:

-
Back