Duster Twin turbo Kit

-

TT'74

Reaction score
I know you all have dakota/durangos, but you're mopar guys so I figured I post here too.

I'm talking to a local tubing bender about perhaps making a simple Twin Turbo kit that will replicate the one I'm making for my Duster. So the kit should also fit darts, valiants, demons, scamps and might also fit B or E bodies. I'm trying to make this an economical, minimum to no welding option for the Mopar crowd.

What will be included in the kit so far will be Up pipes, Down pipes, feed/drain lines and fittings, Cold side piping and custom carb hat. All of the tubing will be mandrel bent for now. I'm also going to try to find a local company to offer regular pressure bent pipe. This kit should be a direct bolt in, if the buy has magnum manifolds and grand national turbos. It would also work for other T3 turbos with minimal modifications.

This is what I'm modeling the kit after (production unit will have a different carb hat):
get-attachment.jpg

Hat for the kit will be more like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blow-Throug...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I think it's more of and general cost/dollar amount before people jump on it.

I looked at it but you never put a price, that would scare most people (no price means alot of money)

if a person buys your kit how do they make there stock 4 barrel work with boost?

If it was that easy, I would have done it by now.

If it doesn't fit powersteering cars, it's worthless. That is the hangup.

Not really interested in it att. N/A 350 hp is quite enough power for my 17 year old son. Maybe once he gets his own car it might be an option. In the mean time, I wouldn't mind seeing your set up sometime...only about an hour east of you

I looked at it but you never put a price, that would scare most people (no price means alot of money)

if a person buys your kit how do they make there stock 4 barrel work with boost?

I haven't sat down with the Mandrel bending company to discuss price yet. When I picked up some of the bends I needed to finish the under car exhaust I pitched the Idea to them. Right now, I'm just trying to gauge interest in this to see if it's worth pursuing. Through the mandrel bending company the initial cost will be high because they use a CNC bender to guaranty accuracy and consistency. He told me their cost for the initial program is a few hundred bucks to get it all worked out in the system, but after that the cost is minimal.

If their price ends up being too high I'll talk with a local exhaust shop about perhaps pressure bent pipe, doesn't flow quite as well but will still be fine to use.

I'm expecting a total cost for hot/cold side without turbos to be about 700-1000. But for now I don't have any real hard numbers to go on.

Blowthrough Carb C&S specialize in blow through carbs and have a good reputations on theturboforums.com

what turbos? what wastegates? cant really just post up a picture of a 2 turbos sitting in a engine bay and expect interest.. need pictures of the kit and a list of parts included.. and maybe a dyno number of what was gained by putting it on a motor that was previously dynoed N/A..

what turbos? what wastegates? cant really just post up a picture of a 2 turbos sitting in a engine bay and expect interest.. need pictures of the kit and a list of parts included.. and maybe a dyno number of what was gained by putting it on a motor that was previously dynoed N/A..

what turbos?
If you read the OP it says grand national turbos.

what wastegates?
GNs like most OEM turbos are internally gated.

need pictures of the kit and a list of parts included
Copied from the OP "What will be included in the kit so far will be Up pipes, Down pipes, feed/drain lines and fittings, Cold side piping and custom carb hat."

and maybe a dyno number of what was gained by putting it on a motor that was previously dynoed N/A..
Gains vary depending on engine(mods), boost, aftercooler, Octane.

-
Back