Duster Twister

-
Back in 72 I bought a new Duster Twister. It was a 318, 3-speed. It did not have the sharktooth grill. It did have the strobe blackout on the hood with no scoops. It had deluxe vinyl bench seat, manual remote mirrors, ralley rims without trim rings, Twister side stripes, and not much else. Less than a year later it received the 340 motor and 4-speed from my 70 Duster which by then had a 440.

Here's photo ibleed, better late than never!

My Duster.jpg

Here's my 72. It was 225 auto, no scoops, standard grille, no sway bar, full hubcaps.
100_2926.jpg

100_2926.jpg

Did the 72' Twister have chrome bezels on the hood scoops? I heard the rumor they were black. Anyone with an original Twister, your input would be awesome

To Add to but not detract from what info DusterEd gave you...

The Twister option gave you the Sharks tooth grille often confusingly refered to as the 340grille (only Twister or 340 option cars could have it instead of standard Duster horizontal bar grille type)...

special hood strobe stripe, and Twister logo side stripe decal, also tail stripe with tornado cloud Twister could be had with or without scoops any engine from 225 slant six 318, or 340 if special ordered by extra money ... they came with rally wheels unless extra was paid for Magnum 500's

part of confusion with Twister & 340 packages that in addition to sharing the Special Grille is that they were most often ordered together at same time on same car.

other than the basic external appearance package tape side Twister logo stripe, hood strobe, tail blackout decal Twister cloud logo and possible scoops.

Twister in additon to the base package was a order it the way you wanted it package... you added what you wanted by paying mopar extra... it wasn't restricted as to what you could get...

unlike the later model "Feather Duster" there were certain thing you couldn't get with Feather Duster because it was a special fuel economy model.

There is a 71/72 duster ad with 2 Dusters side by side with a 340 and Twister option comparision it kind of clearifies the differences between the two and give you specific details on both Twister and 340 car package

one car is red or orange in ad other is green... in front of a red brick wall

Walt

To Add to but not detract from what info DusterEd gave you...

The Twister option gave you the Sharks tooth grille often confusingly refered to as the 340grille (only Twister or 340 option cars could have it instead of standard Duster horizontal bar grille type)...

special hood strobe stripe, and Twister logo side stripe decal, also tail stripe with tornado cloud Twister could be had with or without scoops any engine from 225 slant six 318, or 340 if special ordered by extra money ... they came with rally wheels unless extra was paid for Magnum 500's

part of confusion with Twister & 340 packages that in addition to sharing the Special Grille is that they were most often ordered together at same time on same car.

other than the basic external appearance package tape side Twister logo stripe, hood strobe, tail blackout decal Twister cloud logo and possible scoops.

Twister in additon to the base package was a order it the way you wanted it package... you added what you wanted by paying mopar extra... it wasn't restricted as to what you could get...

unlike the later model "Feather Duster" there were certain thing you couldn't get with Feather Duster because it was a special fuel economy model.

There is a 71/72 duster ad with 2 Dusters side by side with a 340 and Twister option comparision it kind of clearifies the differences between the two and give you specific details on both Twister and 340 car package

one car is red or orange in ad other is green... in front of a red brick wall

Walt
here is a link to one of the Twister and 340 Duster side by side comparison ads...

not too that the two cars are not exactly the same color on is a late 71/72 only option color I believe

http://www.musclecardrive.com/specs/plymouth/1971-plymouth-duster.php

getting a copy of one of these ads will help you

Walt

What ever.... It was a cool pkg ! There was one just accross the border into OR that I drive by now and then. Great Looking car.

If the 340 was available I am sure someone on FABO has one or knows of one.

-
Back