Duster vs Dart Sport front grills

-

gremlin

268Darts
Reaction score
I am buying a 74 Duster that is missing the grill and bumpers. Do parts interchange between the grills and bumpers? It has a wing on back too. It looks stock. Did they put one on a 74?

The wing could have been an option, I am not sure, 74 dart sports look nothing like the 74 dusters because of the hoods. The darts are actually longer nosed than Dusters. The grill should be a really easy and cheap item to find. 85 Bucks should get you a decent grill and head light bezels. The bumper is going to be big, heavy and a pain to find someone that will ship.

Thanks. People don't seem to like this year much. I'm OK with it, especially for 250. I am kinda burned out my 68 Dart and may sell it to a guy that wants to build a race car. I guess my wife complaining about that ugly old green car finally got to me.

Thanks. People don't seem to like this year much. I'm OK with it, especially for 250....

Then again, some people love them.
Are they the prettiest cars ever to come out of Detroit? No...but there's nothing wrong with them, IMO.

Back in the 70's the Big 3 was always worried about having the next best thing on the market, so every year sometimes every two years they would always change something on there cars, resulting in possibly 1 or 2 year only car parts. Unlike today when a car can run 4+ years with out any big sheet metal/trim change .

Back in the 70's the Big 3 was always worried about having the next best thing on the market, so every year sometimes every two years they would always change something on there cars, resulting in possibly 1 or 2 year only car parts. Unlike today when a car can run 4+ years with out any big sheet metal/trim change .

Also, I gather that this had to do with the limited lifespan of the tooling.

They could either invest tooling that would last several years or refurbish/maintain the existing tooling...or just come up with all new stuff and enjoy the marketing benefits.

Also, I gather that this had to do with the limited lifespan of the tooling.

They could either invest tooling that would last several years or refurbish/maintain the existing tooling...or just come up with all new stuff and enjoy the marketing benefits.

Very true, I like the think the engineers and designers at Chrysler were just always trying to come up with something Kick *** for the next year!

-
Back