Dutra,s Duals/slant 6

-
Why do you want them? If you are keeping the slant in your Dart,you should keep headers on it.Dutra Duals are cast iron manifolds just like a stock manifold. All it does is split the exhaust.Its still a cast iron manifold with the same sharp bends and port size as stock.I have not seen proof showing any improvement over a stock manifold,other than the improvement from going to a bigger size pipe.But you get that with the stock manifold as well. Not worth the 400+ if you ask me.

Why do you want them? If you are keeping the slant in your Dart,you should keep headers on it.Dutra Duals are cast iron manifolds just like a stock manifold. All it does is split the exhaust.Its still a cast iron manifold with the same sharp bends and port size as stock.I have not seen proof showing any improvement over a stock manifold,other than the improvement from going to a bigger size pipe.But you get that with the stock manifold as well. Not worth the 400+ if you ask me.
I have offy 4bbl.intake,holley 4bbl. and clifford headers.These headers are warped since getting this car and I,ve had them on and off 3 time to no avail(still leaking)oh yeah,dual exhaust.I,m done with them and my back is sore!Is this reason enough?LOL!Not out to race it,just drive quietly!

I had the Dutra front manifold on a /6 scamp I had before I decided I'd hitchhike before I'd ever have a slant 6 again.Great engines,just not my preference. I liked the dutra setup because it allowed you to have true duals and still have the automatic choke feature which is nice if you live in an area where it gots cold in the winter.

scamp 002.jpg

-
Back