dynamat for A Body tell me about yours...

-

craigibc

wishin' my Demon was done
Reaction score
I am looking for some ideas if you have used Dynamat or something like it in your car.

I am trying to find out... what you used and if you would recommend it.
How many feet you needed to complete the job.
Some gotchas I should be aware of for installing in my car.
If you used the dynamat roller to apply. ..
Any photos of what you did..

Thanks,

Craig

clip_image022_0002.jpg

I thought about using it in one of my cars but I was too afraid that it would trap moisture and rot out the floors.

From what I've read on the subject, you really want to stick to a butyl product. Seems those work a bit better, and you don't have the asphalt smell

You Can Check Out A Product Called Lizzard Skin A Spray Ceramic Coating I Have Not Used It Yet But I Will Go This Route When I Do My Cars

I used a product called Hushmat, only because I got it wholesale through a buddy. Two large packages covered everything from the firewall to the rear window, including some on the roof. Ran about $270. Made an immediate difference in noise level on the inside. Still need to lay carpet for the full effect.

It won't trap any more moisture than your carpet would. Probably less because it is stuck down tight against the floorboard. I also coated floorboards with Zero Rust before laying it down.

I purchased a roll of roofing ice dam membrane material. Quite heavy with a sticky back on one side. It was less than $50 for a roll that is big enough to do several cars. I put down two layers then a layer of jute over that. Made a noticable difference in the road noise and exhaust note coming up through the floors.

There is no asphalte smell from this stuff.

The roll was about 40 lbs or so I would guess I used about 10 lbs worth in my car.

-
Back