Dynamic converter

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
So I talked to the guys over at Dynamic and they recommended a 9 1/2 like usual 4200-4500 Stall!! What do you guys think?

Car has 4.10 gears
Xs282 244@ 50
28in tire
10.7 compression
750DP
Air Gap
RHS Heads 1.6 rockers
around 3300 pounds

............They usually r bang on with their recommendations, as long as they get all the pertinate info......it does seem alittle hi 2 me thou.................kim...........

Dont know why you,d need that much stall for that duration. I dont need that much with a big solid roller with 262* @ .050 .Guess its a track only car?

Did you tell them the car was race only?I know Coan wanted all my specs before choosing my stall for my race car.(cam,gears,tire size,duty)

I agree, a little high for the duration.

ive got a 9.5 dynamic verta thats 5000 and it drives on the street fine with no problem..also had the same cam in a 340 with iron heads mild work and 4.57 and 28/10.5 m/t slick went 7.44 in the 1/8 mile and just clear the wheels ...they work great imho but thats just me...mike

360 and I told him street strip. I will likely ask him what he suggest as he said from 4200-4500 as another place said 4k. They quoted me fore 740 shipped :/ I also will be saving up go TTI headers as well

Is that the flash RPM?

Many of those 9.5's will flash really hard but drive nice around town.

Is that the flash RPM?

Many of those 9.5's will flash really hard but drive nice around town.

Yes sir that would be the flash, I did not ask about foot brake. He did say it would be nice for around town. But I will again ask what he recommends, would there be any draw back to either of the already suggested stall? I have a big polly 9X11 or 12 in Trans cooler with a deep pan already. Once again car is only weekend car not daily driver.

DJV and Abodyjoe have those type converters. They like them

Search DJV and converter in the search window. Might find something

I have a dynamic 9.5 with 4000 flash. It's a nice converter. Running muthr thumpr cam on 3.73rear with gear vendors.

So I talked to the guys over at Dynamic and they recommended a 9 1/2 like usual 4200-4500 Stall!! What do you guys think?

Car has 4.10 gears
Xs282 244@ 50
28in tire
10.7 compression
750DP
Air Gap
RHS Heads 1.6 rockers
around 3300 pounds
I have the same setup as your running 360, 11.2 cr, xs282, 750 race with annular boosters, single plane, ported J's. 3.91 the 9.5" dynamic has been in there for about 7 years, i love it!!! nice driver, spools instantly to about 4,400 to 4,500 rpm and locks tight. only time at track with a overly rich carb and still pulled a 1.66 60' !!

Attachments

• demon new 003 (1280x853).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 208
i'm running a deep 4Q extra B&M pan with a large cooler not through the radiator, even after a long drive in the heat you can hold the cooler no problem

What do you run??? and what stall did you buy? Also What I did was get a New Alum Rad. and I run The trans fluid through the Rad. and Through the external trans cooler. The Hose is Hydraulic hose, Very Strong. and a deep pan, also putting on a trans temp gauge.

Car has 4.10 gears
Xs282 244@ 50
28in tire
10.7 compression
750DP
Air Gap
RHS Heads 1.6 rockers
around 3300 pounds

That's the same converter they recommended for my sons street/strip 360 Demon that will be driven all the time. He has a little less cam, stock ported heads and stock ratio rockers, same gears, about a point less compression, headers, intake, carb etc. He also has a deep pan and a big tranny cooler.
His isn't running yet, so no info on how it works for him.
They also recommended the exact same one for one of my friends 440 in a B body. Stock ported heads, 455 lift cam, about 10 to 1 compression, basic bolt ons.
It kinda sounds like that is their go to converter for pretty much everything with a few tweaks for each setup, which is fine as long as it acts as it's supposed too.
You can also check out http://www.ultimateconverter.com/

12.22 just saw, Hopefully my car is lighter than yours and I believe my heads flow better than yours. But we will see! Im hoping high 11.8-11.5 :)

That's the same converter they recommended for my sons street/strip 360 Demon that will be driven all the time. He has a little less cam, stock ported heads and stock ratio rockers, same gears, about a point less compression, headers, intake, carb etc. He also has a deep pan and a big tranny cooler.
His isn't running yet, so no info on how it works for him.
They also recommended the exact same one for one of my friends 440 in a B body. Stock ported heads, 455 lift cam, about 10 to 1 compression, basic bolt ons.
It kinda sounds like that is their go to converter for pretty much everything with a few tweaks for each setup, which is fine as long as it acts as it's supposed too.
You can also check out http://www.ultimateconverter.com/

What did they quote you? and what does Ultimate run? price wise?

there 9.5" he said it would stall in the 4200 to 4400 range and he was right, it was $595 back then shipped. only had it at the track once about 5 years ago with the new cam, carb, and stall, with the new parts to sort out and the carb problems it ran 12.22 109.7 or so, kind of stinks i never had it back but two small kids will do that LOL.. I'm sure my setup would be in the 11.90's or better now that its well sorted out

Sounds GREAT!!! I love that! Im ecstatic about buying it although the price is higher than the TTI headers I want! Being im getting the none coated, car is for go, not show

What did they quote you? and what does Ultimate run? price wise?
My sons was for a 904 and those they said are more expensive because of something about having to have some special reinforcement on them so they don't break the snout. I don't remember the price, but if you call them I'm sure they'll give you the price.

Sounds GREAT!!! I love that! Im ecstatic about buying it although the price is higher than the TTI headers I want! Being im getting the none coated, car is for go, not show
I went with the coated hedders,cool down time is much faster and this is important for tuning at the track(time limited between runs)plus they last way longer.JMO

-
Back