Dyno Max Ultra Flows with 3" Pipes

-

72Duster440

Reaction score
I forgot someone filmed my car idling a while back, so I figured I'd share in case anybody wondered what Dynomax Ultraflows sound like.

In the video it has Pro Parts headers, reduced down to 3" with a H pipe, Dynomax Ultraflows with 3" tail pipes and turn downs at the bumper.

I currently have an X pipe and turndowns at the axle, I plan to build new tailpipes and add some resonators to them.

There isn't much drone, but at 3700rpm on the highway, it can be a bit loud, I'm hoping the resonators (race bullets) knock it down just a little. It'll be a while till I'm done, it's not easy getting 3" pipes on a minitubbed car with a stock gas tank. When I get it done, I'll update to add a video for the sound to compare the H pipe to the new X pipe and resonators.

Last edited:
I like it. I’ve added glass packs before and after the muffler to try and figure out which was whiter on the inside. Before had an edge. Not a huge difference.

Is the issue just inside the car or outside?

Sounds really sweet. :thumbsup:

I run the 3” in/out round Ultra Flo’s (17223) with about 20” or so head pipes connected to Dougs headers, with short dumps angled outwards about 30° in front of the axle. And like yours, sounds sweet. Quality sound. Mine’s loud as it’s a tin can echo chamber so everything is amplified. The whole thing is just plain loud. Can be deafening after a half an hours romp. All fun and games now but I might be paying for it later

9306CE1E-3716-4843-8D14-5D24A9FF8AAB.png

I like it. I’ve added glass packs before and after the muffler to try and figure out which was whiter on the inside. Before had an edge. Not a huge difference.

Is the issue just inside the car or outside?

Just inside, it doesn't really drone much, just a bit on the loud side at rpm. I can't hear my kids talking to me from the backseat, which sometimes is a good thing!

Sounds really sweet. :thumbsup:

I run the 3” in/out round Ultra Flo’s (17223) with about 20” or so head pipes connected to Dougs headers, with short dumps angled outwards about 30° in front of the axle. And like yours, sounds sweet. Quality sound. Mine’s loud as it’s a tin can echo chamber so everything is amplified. The whole thing is just plain loud. Can be deafening after a half an hours romp. All fun and games now but I might be paying for it later

View attachment 1716114115

I had the turn downs angled out, they seem quieter angled straight down actually. I used v band clamps to hold them on, so I can adjust as needed.

I added some dynomat and heat shield a few years ago when I had the interior out, that made a world of difference.

Just inside, it doesn't really drone much, just a bit on the loud side at rpm. I can't hear my kids talking to me from the backseat, which sometimes is a good thing!
Find a glass pack that has no neck down on the inside of its case maintaining the 3 inch diameter and use it before the muffler.

I don't think I can fit anything in front of the mufflers unfortunately.

I have these for out back, I doubt they'll do anything, but I have to build tailpipes anyway so I may as well add them in and see.

IMG_20230626_092531.jpg

IMG_20230626_092531.jpg

-
Back