Dyslexic mechanic

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Check out this photo of a 440 Dart`s manifold. Dyslexic mechanic?

70 dart 440 manifold.jpg

If you don't have room at the back, run it out the front....
I did that once when putting a 215 CI aluminum v8 from a 63 Buick Special into a Mazda rotary pickup truck. Some older dodge trucks also had a crossover pipe at the front of the engine.

My 312 in my 57 Fairlane had a front crossover, if I remember correctly. Try putting a 440 in a 65 Dart with no fenderwell mods. 2 of these manifolds would equalize the exhaust performance and free up room where its needed. This is also used in making turbo applications, sometimes even putting them upside down so the turbo is over the valve cover when the bolt pattern allows. Just make it work...

My 312 in my 57 Fairlane had a front crossover, if I remember correctly. Try putting a 440 in a 65 Dart with no fenderwell mods. 2 of these manifolds would equalize the exhaust performance and free up room where its needed. This is also used in making turbo applications, sometimes even putting them upside down so the turbo is over the valve cover when the bolt pattern allows. Just make it work...

"Correct" in one thing, functioning as desired, to (perhaps) coin a phrase may be quite another thing. If it works, it's beautiful! And if "it aint the way I'd have done it" maybe I need to be more imaginative.....

-
Back